We must be insane!!!!!!!! ****UPDATED BELOW 2 VERY, VERY NICE SUPRIZES SO FAR***

Shake-N-Bake

Dec 5, 2007

Attachments

• 3-13-09coins.jpg
    3-13-09coins.jpg
    138.9 KB · Views: 1,356
Upvote 0

Silver Stripe

Bronze Member
Jul 8, 2007
USA
Must be all that clean livin- or them drugs are so good they're making us all halucinate haha. Congrats, HH Mark

Pennyworth

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2006
First of all you have two great banks that work with you! :thumbsup: I think it's kind of rare that a person is able to find a good supply and dump bank.

WOW, that's amazing 2 Flying Eagle cent coins! :hello2: I love when I get the older Canadian cents as well! Congratulations!!!! ;D

FingerGrime

Mar 3, 2009
Kentucky
Re: We must be insane!!!!!!!! ****UPDATED BELOW 2 VERY, VERY NICE SUPRIZES SO FA

Holy **** (insert four letter word of choice) that is amazing!! I only have one flying eagle in my whole collection and I had to pay like 30 bucks for it. You are one lucky and/or determined SOB! This is the first time I have even seen one of those old-style canadian pennies! Congratulations!

FingerGrime

Mar 3, 2009
Kentucky
Re: We must be insane!!!!!!!! ****UPDATED BELOW 2 VERY, VERY NICE SUPRIZES SO FA

btw what is that 1878 coin in the top-left of your picture?

OP
OP
Shake-N-Bake

Shake-N-Bake

Dec 5, 2007

FingerGrime said:
btw what is that 1878 coin in the top-left of your picture?

Still trying to figure that one out. I think netherlands. Someone borrowed my World coins book so I am lost for now. That one is actually in pretty good shape for the year...

Thanks Everyone for the great support. And Yes I am one determined SOB. These are the rewards you get for doing 300+ pennies boxes since the first of the year, And I love it and can't wait to do the next 600+ boxes. :thumbsup:

THANKS,
Jason

HolyDiver

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2008
PA
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Amazing flying eagles. I was at a coin show today and they were starting above $30 each. WTG :thumbsup:

steelsoldier

Feb 14, 2009
Raleigh NC
Great finds... I am still looking for my first IH but you just raised the bar with the Flying Eagles...

The 1878 is from Netherlands.... looks like a 1/2 cent... $10 VF, $15 EF.... per the red book...

goldencoin

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2005
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX & Beach Hunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Geez, I've been crh'ing pennies for three years and never got anything older than an 1891, thats amazing

HH
-GC

quick-silver

Feb 26, 2009
NY
Wow! That is truly Amazing! I am very jealous of those finds, I only have one flying eagle and i got it from my dad, congrautulations!

TxTim

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2007
Texas
Detector(s) used
DFX & SE
Unreal!
You are making some serious headway on the penny front!

Congrats!

OP
OP
Shake-N-Bake

Shake-N-Bake

Dec 5, 2007
TXTim said:
Unreal!
You are making some serious headway on the penny front!

Congrats!

I take that as a HUGE compliment coming from someone with your penny experience.

Thanks everyone for the comments

Up to a total 638 wheats, 3 Indian Heads, 2 Flying Eagles with this group of 24 boxes so far, also about 2 tons of copper, LOL!!! Four more boxes to go. Man I need a Ryedale machine :icon_jokercolor:

Jason

Darth Walker

Bronze Member
Jan 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Penny Jedi Master

Congrats on your flying Eagles. It is crazyyyyyyy

Darth Walker

mistergee

Silver Member
Jan 8, 2008
Pennsylvania
OMG....my head is spinning from the pics....i can't believe you found 2 flying eagles....never thought i would see one here....couldn't happen to a better guy :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Shake-N-Bake

Shake-N-Bake

Dec 5, 2007
mistergee said:
OMG....my head is spinning from the pics....i can't believe you found 2 flying eagles....never thought i would see one here....couldn't happen to a better guy :thumbsup:

Your head is SPINNING, at first my back was killing me from sitting and sorting so much now my chest is killing me from my heart pounding so hard. :o There should be a warning label on these boxes that say weak at heart do not attempt. LOL!!!

OK, here is the final total.

24 Boxes searched:

2 Flying Eagles both 1858
5 Indian Heads (1889, 1897, 1904 x 2, 1908)
881 Wheats (1909 x 2, 1912, 1914, 1919 x 3 are a few of the oldies)

1878 Netherlands 1 Cent
5 King George V (1920 x 2, 1923, 1931, 1932)
12 King George VI

And a whole $#%@% Load of copper!!!!

Again thanks everyone for the great compliments.

Tomorrow I have 24 more boxes coming. YAHOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

Also did a nickel box and a dime box today.
Nickel box just a few pre 1960's
Dime Box (4 silver Rosie's one being 1940) Box dime box ever for me

Happy Hunting,
Jason

Codes

Bronze Member
Feb 28, 2007
United States
Detector(s) used
White's M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What?? That's not insane, that's a dream! Nice job on the Flying Eagles too! :thumbsup:

-Codes

Pennyworth

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2006
:o The final results are fantastic!! Five Indian Head pennies too! The penny boxes in your area are loaded! I've never searched that many penny boxes at one time, but the ones around here aren't loaded like that. lol Keep hitting them hard. Congratulations on the the silver Rosies too. :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread