Selling five cent coins

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 2, minelab sovereign xs 2a pro
I would keep 55 and older. That is me. You can still find plenty of the years after that.

Golden Silver

jrf30

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
CO, AZ
Detector(s) used
dfx, Ryedale!
I keep 1959 and older, but I don't make a major priority out of it. I don' tsee any demand, and no reason for demand to pick up much in the future.

NIckel's just don't excite me.

HolyDiver

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2008
PA
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
jrf30 said:
I keep 1959 and older, but I don't make a major priority out of it. I don' tsee any demand, and no reason for demand to pick up much in the future.

NIckel's just don't excite me.

I do the same. If I don't want to anymore, it's an easy dump.

Siegfried Schlagrule

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Indiana
Detector(s) used
All types of BFOs owned. Especially want White's Arrow; White's Oremaster; Exanimo Spartan Little Monster; Garrett contract Little Monster.
High grade 1958 and earlier (look for the triangle roof on the porch) and all 1955 and earlier. Triangle is the pickup point for XF coins and 1955 is the earliest year that is listed in grades below XF. siegfried schlagrule

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
snake35 said:
What is every one doing with theirs?
I had several older rolls of nickels (no silver ones) and made the mistake of putting them on ebay. I think I split it up into 4 auctions and I lost money on every one. No one was bidding so people went in and bid .99¢ on 2 rolls and won. >:(

Right now I have several rolls of buffalos (most are no date) and have not decided what to do. I certainly will not release them into the wild.

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 2, minelab sovereign xs 2a pro
cyberdan next time that happens bid against them or have someone else bid on your item so you don't sell at such a low price. Either that or put a reserve price on the item. That can turn people off though.

Golden Silver

Siegfried Schlagrule

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Indiana
Detector(s) used
All types of BFOs owned. Especially want White's Arrow; White's Oremaster; Exanimo Spartan Little Monster; Garrett contract Little Monster.
cyberdan said:
snake35 said:
What is every one doing with theirs?
I had several older rolls of nickels (no silver ones) and made the mistake of putting them on ebay. I think I split it up into 4 auctions and I lost money on every one. No one was bidding so people went in and bid .99¢ on 2 rolls and won. >:(

Right now I have several rolls of buffalos (most are no date) and have not decided what to do. I certainly will not release them into the wild.

wholesale on clean slick buffalos is 14 cents each. Multiply by 40 for cost. Add shipping. regards, ss

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread