went to two different coin shops

Cherryman68

Feb 19, 2009
Henderson Tx
Detector(s) used
Whites IV
seger98 said:
One was in Pensacola FL. he was paying 7.5 X face.

The other was in Robertdale AL. he was paying 8 X face.

In both shops people were coming in with coins, one lady was wondering if her silver quarters were aluminum? :icon_scratch:

My gosh there are stupid people out there.

You should have offered her .55 per pound lol

Shake-N-Bake

Dec 5, 2007
seger98 said:
One was in Pensacola FL. he was paying 7.5 X face.

The other was in Robertdale AL. he was paying 8 X face.

In both shops people were coming in with coins, one lady was wondering if her silver quarters were aluminum? :icon_scratch:

My gosh there are stupid people out there.

You wanna hear how stupid people are. My teller friend at my source bank today said a man came in with seven American Eagles and cashed them in for $7 because they said on the coin they were worth $1 each. the teller tried to explain to him that they are silver and worth more but insisted he cash them in. So the teller now has 7 american eagles that he bought for $7. GO FIGURE!!!

Jason

OP
OP
S

seger98

Shake-N-Bake said:
You wanna hear how stupid people are. My teller friend at my source bank today said a man came in with seven American Eagles and cashed them in for $7 because they said on the coin they were worth $1 each. the teller tried to explain to him that they are silver and worth more but insisted he cash them in. So the teller now has 7 american eagles that he bought for $7. GO FIGURE!!!

Jason

No way? ::) :violent1:

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
There is no cure for stupid. A fool and his money (or Silver Eagles) are soon parted.

Jim

HolyDiver

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2008
PA
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would just wait outside the coin shops for the old ladies to come in and ask what they have first. ;D

Goes4ever

Silver Member
Jan 30, 2008
NorthWest Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Equinox 600, and Tesorso compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I keep running ads in my local papers that I want to buy coins, offering more than the coin shops are paying and I cannot get a single call, and the coin shop tells me he gets so many calls he can't buy em all! people are stupid!!!!

Yinzi50

Bronze Member
Sep 14, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HolyDiver said:
I would just wait outside the coin shops for the old ladies to come in and ask what they have first. ;D

Stalking! I like this strategy!! But how do you not let the coin shop owner know what you are doing?

Codes

Bronze Member
Feb 28, 2007
United States
Detector(s) used
White's M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've said it once and I'll say it again....A fool and his money are soon parted.

-Codes

OP
OP
S

seger98

Goes4ever said:
I keep running ads in my local papers that I want to buy coins, offering more than the coin shops are paying and I cannot get a single call, and the coin shop tells me he gets so many calls he can't buy em all! people are stupid!!!!

I thought about posting on craigs list, but I doubt it would do much good. I think I'm going to have to open a store.
HolyDiver said:

I'd probably get arrested.

hit80s said:

:thumbsup:

codes..... jim........ there are alot of fools out there!

Goes4ever

Silver Member
Jan 30, 2008
NorthWest Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Equinox 600, and Tesorso compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yeah I post on craigs list too and I do get responses, most people though are people who think common wheats are worth a quarter a piece and common indians they ask $2.00 for!.........some people!

I just laugh and tell them I can buy them RETAIL at the coin shop for way less....lol

OP
OP
S

seger98

markmopar said:
A local jewelry shop in Pleasantville, NJ has radio ads saying they will pay 10x face for silver coin.

Now that is more like it, But I have always been leary about jewelry stores! I mean they are the ones selling a gold ring for $3000.00 that if you brought back they would weigh it & offer you $175.00

Jack_MIghtyheart

Aug 5, 2008
NJ
Detector(s) used
Tracker IV and Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
markmopar said:
A local jewelry shop in Pleasantville, NJ has radio ads saying they will pay 10x face for silver coin.

Really? Where? I've got some stuff I've been thinking about unloading and was just planning on going to Beachcombers...pretty sure they're paying 10x face, too.

OP
OP
S

seger98

Jack_Mightyheart said:
markmopar said:

Really? Where? I've got some stuff I've been thinking about unloading and was just planning on going to Beachcombers...pretty sure they're paying 10x face, too.

I would pay anyone 10 times face for what they have, but I wouldn't pay shipping.

markmopar

Feb 15, 2008
southern NJ/southeast VA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jack_Mightyheart said:

Beachcombers is still around? Wow. Back in the early 90's I sold them a bunch of my Star Wars toys from the 70's.
It was Frank's Jewelers, also in the Shore Mall but I think in the shopping center outside. Not exactly sure.
I think the ad was on WZXL 100.7
Either that or NJ101.5

Jack_MIghtyheart

Aug 5, 2008
NJ
Detector(s) used
Tracker IV and Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
markmopar said:
Jack_Mightyheart said:

Beachcombers is still around? Wow. Back in the early 90's I sold them a bunch of my Star Wars toys from the 70's.
It was Frank's Jewelers, also in the Shore Mall but I think in the shopping center outside. Not exactly sure.
I think the ad was on WZXL 100.7
Either that or NJ101.5

Yeah, Beachcombers is still around. They tend to be ripoffs on a lot of stuff, but their coin section is decent. I've seen commercials for Frank's on TV, but never heard them on the radio. I pretty much only listen to 102.7 when I listen to the radio.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions