LOOMIS MAY BE DELIVERING TO MY DOORSTEP

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 2, minelab sovereign xs 2a pro
The other day I wrote Loomis and told them I was interested in getting coin delivered to my doorstep and asked if they provided this service. They wrote me back and asked where I lived to find out what distributor to use. Now I know nothing about how much they charge but if it is comprable to the gas and time I already spend picking up at 5 different locations then I just might pay a small fee. I will let you all know what I find out. How cool would that be to order any denomination that you wanted and have it delivered without the hassle of the middleman. I could increase my volume as well. I hope it works out.

Golden Silver

Upvote 0

Seagates

Feb 7, 2009
It would be awesome to have it delivered right to the door, however I'd be way to paranoid about who might see the armored car outside the house dropping stuff off weekly. Good luck though, sounds like it might be worth it.

47thelement

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2009
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excal, ACE 250 for my son
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
don't worry we're here to catch you after the let down.

wish you luck!

Honestly I do!

OP
OP
golden silver

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
Hey Pdiddy. What do you mean by let down. It is no skin off my nose if they can't deliver to my door or if it cost too much because I will go on as I am now. I am not worried so much about people seeing the delivery truck because I live in an area that has security patrol as well as alarm systems. Plus I have guns and I am a great shot.

Golden Silver

Shake-N-Bake

Dec 5, 2007
I tried the same thing, with no luck. First they had the excuse becuase they will not deliver to a residential person. So I informed them i have a tax ID # and I am a legal coin dealer. Then they said my residence was a residential residence. So I told them I would have them delivered to a friends of mine Hardware store and still declined.

Good Luck let me know how you make out.

Jason

47thelement

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2009
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excal, ACE 250 for my son
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I guess it came across wrong. I really do wish you luck!

I here all kinds of great ideas and it seems like everybody ends up doing the same thing ....buying boxes and road trips.

kudos to you for thinking out of the box. As you read I've tried a couple different thing some work and some get shot down by the system. oh well back to the drawing board.

Keep us up to date. and Seriously good luck!

jrf30

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
CO, AZ
Detector(s) used
dfx, Ryedale!
If you can get them to PICK UP TOO that woudl be even MORE awesome!

I'd be a regualr customer of theirs if they would drop off and pick up. Set it for every Wednesday, or whatever, and just swap coins with them each week. :-)

Let us know how it goes. Maybe more of us will check into it.

hit80s

Dec 31, 2007
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Might as well put up a sign in your front yard that Shouts ROB THIS HOUSE!! just my 2 cents worth

OP
OP
golden silver

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
You all are probably right but hey It is my turn to try and pull it off. Why not?

Golden Silver

GPURS

Apr 18, 2007
N.E. of Atlanta
golden silver said:
Hey Pdiddy. What do you mean by let down. It is no skin off my nose if they can't deliver to my door or if it cost too much because I will go on as I am now. I am not worried so much about people seeing the delivery truck because I live in an area that has security patrol as well as alarm systems. Plus I have guns and I am a great shot.

Golden Silver
HaHa,,, security patrol and alarms??? I think banks have that kinda stuff as well :-\.. You obviously have no real sense of how dangerous it is to be anywhere near one of those delivery trucks. You do not want that thing in your driveway every Thursday at 10:30 A.M.
With that said, it is cool to think about if it were that easy.. Good luck, Gpurs..

OP
OP
golden silver

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
What is up with people on this forum lately? Seems to be a lot of snide comments being made on the sly. Gpurs. If I want the truck to come to my house then that is up to me. Geez. Thanks for the inspiration input though.

Golden Silver

Jack_MIghtyheart

Aug 5, 2008
NJ
Detector(s) used
Tracker IV and Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey, if you can get them to do it, then GO FOR IT! I seriously doubt anybody would rob you. Probably just get a bunch of questions from nosey neighbors!

Silver Stripe

Bronze Member
Jul 8, 2007
USA
I was told by a vault teller that I could have Brinks deliver to me, course there is a per box fee which at that time would have cost me $210 a week. I declined. HH Mark

Cherryman68

Feb 19, 2009
Henderson Tx
Detector(s) used
Whites IV
Hope that works out for you! It would be awsome. I wish I could get them to deliver to my store, that would be SWEET!

Good luck!

Goes4ever

Silver Member
Jan 30, 2008
NorthWest Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Equinox 600, and Tesorso compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
would be very cool, but I hope you have a huge safe in your house to put them all in....lol

good luck!

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
The idea of getting this kind of delivery would be great. But with today's economic reality the idea of having a Brinks, Loomis or other type of truck pulling up in front of your house would get attention. Even in a wealthy, gated community it would be a bad idea for your family's security. Since not many would think a person is simply buying half dollars to look through, any interested bystanders would assume you had tons of money you needed hauled. A well organized home invasion by professionals would overcome your security that you mentioned in seconds. You might shoot one or two, but unless you maintained a 24 hour lookout they could get in and do some unpleasant things to you and your family. Not really worth taking such a risk for a few silver halves I think. But that is just my opinion.

I checked with a local courier when I began CRHing (not Brinks) to see if I could pick up from their "factory" and they said I would need to have an account with the Federal Reserve Bank before they would sell me any coins. If I could go there and buy directly and cut out the banks I would do it in a minute though.

Jim

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Nov 27, 2008
I would not worry about having a Brinks truck make a delivery at my house either. Most burglars are pretty stupid, and are not the mastermind criminals as depicted on TV.
I find it kind of funny how people adjust their lives around their fear of criminals. I go to banks in creepy parts of the city with a lot of money on me. I go where I please,when I please, without worry . The bad guys can worry about me.

Still if one could pick the boxes up at the Loomis depot, perhaps you could take a sneak peek at the holes in the bottom of the box and reject the boxes with,lets say,all 2008 dimes.

mistergee

Silver Member
Jan 8, 2008
Pennsylvania
I find it kind of funny how people adjust their lives around their fear of criminals. I go to banks in creepy parts of the city with a lot of money on me. I go where I please,when I please, without worry . The bad guys can worry about me.
i'm not sure where everyone is from but i lived and work in Phila. i work in the worst neighborhoods you can imagine. i am in these neighborhoods all day everyday. so far i have been lucky and in 25 yrs i only had a gun to my head once and was shot at twice.lucked out all three times. i too carry with a permit and am a damn good shot. however it only takes one time.i would be concerned about having an armored car come to my house. there has been a big increase in home invasions lately around here . people are tortured, raped, and killed just because the thieves "thought" there were large sums of cash around. they find a store owner and follow him home,(usually to an affluent suburb) wait until he shuts the alarm off and goes to his car where they ambush him and bring him inside.its usually a horror story after that. a burglary when noone is home is usually done by pros who know how to get around alarm systems and if i was to be robbed i would prefer it be this way.a home invasion is the worst way as these types of criminals are desperate and have no regard for life.i personally would not have an armoured car come to my house on the off chance that one day i may be sitting tied to a chair being beaten while watching them rape and torture my wife and or kids only to kill us after they get what they want. even if i had a better chance of hitting the lottery than being home invaded, i would not take that chance. its one thing for us "tough guys" to not be afraid for ourselves but it is another to endanger our loved ones.just for the convenience of not having to drive to banks and pick up and dump is definitely not worth putting everything at risk. it only takes one person to talk about the guy who has an armoured car coming to his house to put you in danger. we just had one here where the guys nephew set him up to be robbed because he knew his uncle had a large amount of money from his business in a safe in his house.what he didn't know was that it was only a fraction of what he thought was there and the guys who robbed him beat him to death and also beat and raped his aunt.
sorry if this bursts your balloon, after all it is our dream to have the convenience of home pick up and delivery. i personally would not want to read that something horrible has happened to you.just lookin out for you buddy.
oh yeah and as far as criminals not being the masterminds we see on t.v.......don't bet on it. i personally know of groups of guys that were and still are active today. these guys are smart and have all the equipment to part you with your hard earned valuables. it is what they do for a living and are so good they could case your home and within a matter of a day or two, know when you are home, how long you are gone,where the cops are at any given time during the day, and possibly even have a pass code for your alarm. private security for your "gated" community is nothing to them. they will blackmail or bribe someone to turn thier back. they go in and out in a matter of minutes .and because they have no ties to the person they are burglarizing, and they leave no clues,they are seldom caught.
like i said these guys are still active today!
and as far as alarm systems.......i know an installer and he said all they have to do is cut the phone wire that calls the company ,break in and disarm the audible alarm, head for the goods and be gone in minutes.the alarm does not protect your home, it protects you,....it is only there to alert you if you are home. even if the alarm company is alerted that the line has been cut, by the time they call the cops and they are dispatched,these guys are already gone.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions