LARGE SILVER STASH FOUND ON LAST ROAD TRIP (MORE THAN 200 SILVERS)BARBERTOWN USA

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 2, minelab sovereign xs 2a pro
Yesterday I hit my biggest and best score of 2009 thus far. I was planning my last trip before the wife and kid come back from Spain and I came across a town on the map named after a silver coin and said hmmmm why not? I filled the car up with gas, stopped for a cup of hot coffee and I was out on the wide open road before the sun even thought about coming up. I got to the little town in middle of nowhere USA just after the banks opened and began my PUMA LIKE attack. Anyway the banks in this town were amaizing. Almost all of them had at least a few halves. There must have been a small time CRHer living there because several banks had boxes ordered but only a few rolls taken out of the boxes. So I had Several full unopened boxes to look through. The boxes were decent and provided for a few 40%ers and a few 90% kennedies. I was doing pretty good when I arrived at a bank on my list that the lady said she could only give me 100 dollars worth of what she had because she had to save some for other customers. I agreed. I picked up the halves and looked through them in the car. The first coin that came rolling out was my oldest coin found CRHing a 1899 BARBER!!! I think I said something No F^#kin$ Way. Each roll had 5 or 6 silvers in it of mixed 90% and 40%. I noticed the rolls were stamped from a federal reserve bank in the central part of the state and looked a bit older. In the last roll from this bank out pops My first 1970S of 2009. Score!!! I am pumped now and eager to get to my other banks. I picked up a few 40%ers at the other banks but for some reason the last bank always comes through for me. On the far end of this town was a different branch of the same bank where I had hit the barber. She had 400 in rolled havles waiting for me. As she bagged them up I notice that at least half of them have the same stamp as the other bank. Sure enough when I get to the car and open the first roll I see A SECOND BARBER of the same year. I can't believe it. I tare open the rolls finding Bens and Walkers all over the freakin place. These were all mixed with clad halves but several rolls contained only silver usually consisting of 40%ers and a few 90% kennedies. After sorting through the loot my center console was overflowing and I was content with my booty. By days end I had totaled over 200 silver half dollars. 217 to be exact. This indeed was a good fairwell for now to the road. Here are the pics of the road I traveled and the treasure it led me to. Thanks for reading. May it get you all pumped into finding more.

Totals:
(2) 1899 Barbers

(17) Walking liberties-The oldest a 1933s
(10) Ben Franklins-The oldest a 52d
(12) 1964 kens
Total 90%= 41

176 40%ers including the 1970.
Total Silver keepers= 217
The large coin is one that I bought which is a French Piastre dollar. Isn't she a bute???

-Golden Silver

Attachments

• coin1.jpg
    coin1.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 948
  • coin2.jpg
    coin2.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 950
  • coin3.jpg
    coin3.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 963
  • coin4.jpg
    coin4.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 960
  • coin5.jpg
    coin5.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 958
  • coin6.jpg
    coin6.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 962
  • coin7.jpg
    coin7.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 962
  • coin8.jpg
    coin8.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 946
  • coin9.jpg
    coin9.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 951
  • coin10.jpg
    coin10.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 975
  • coin11.jpg
    coin11.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 951
Upvote 0

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: LARGE SILVER STASH FOUND ON LAST ROAD TRIP (MORE THAN 200 SILVERS)

Holy cow - congrats!!!! :thumbsup:

mistergee

Silver Member
Jan 8, 2008
Pennsylvania

unreal road trip.....however you forgot to add a cheesy haircutting reference in the title(rule #20) ;D

yuggy

Tenderfoot
Mar 7, 2009

wow. I examined the road in the picture and figured it out! I have no clue where you went. Wish I did. Good find!!! :thumbsup:

A road less traveled is a road with banks that have silver... ;D

OP
OP
golden silver

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used

A road less traveled is a road with banks that have silver...

Yuggy you are appsolutely right...that is precisely where I went.
Thanks for you replies guys.

Golden Silver

LJ

Silver Member
Dec 23, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow GS....needless to say that was a GREAT road trip!!!! Bigtime congrats......especially on the two Barbers. Both in one day......yeah baby!!!!! Thanks for the great pictures too....love it!!! Road trips are always so much fun. Good luck on the next one GS........go get em!!!!

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
Re: LARGE SILVER STASH FOUND ON LAST ROAD TRIP (MORE THAN 200 SILVERS)BARBERTOWN

Awesome road trip! You should have returned to the first bank with the first Barber and schemed your way into her relenting and selling you the rest. Chocolates, sweet treats, anything.

kestrelia

May 9, 2007
Great job! My advice is to go back to the $100 dollars only bank with a bunch of halves (skunks) and offer to trade them for the ones she didn't sell you. This worked very well for me in the past when I was told they needed some halves for other customers.

Brian

OP
OP
golden silver

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
I will have to go back that way soon. It will have to wait as the wife is back and we need to recover from jet lag. you are right though that I should trade clad for what she has.

Golden Silver

OP
OP
golden silver

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
Thanks LJ for the great comments. I love getting the great road trip score. I hope it is not too long before the next one. Lj hit any banks lately girl?

Golden Silver

OP
OP
golden silver

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
Ju8,
It can and will happen to you if you are willing to go the distance and have a planned attack. Road trips can produce big but it is a numbers game. The more halves you have to pick up the better chance you have of pulling in large numbers. Some guys go on a trip without a plan or with only a few hundred halves to pick up. They may hit it big but chances are they will come back with just a few. I pick up thousands of halves during a road trip.

Golden Silver

OP
OP
golden silver

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
hEY bank runner, I have been wondering where you have been bud. Any road trips as of late??

Golden Silver

killerwine

Feb 24, 2005
Visalia, CA
I've been away too long from CRH'ing!!! Those are sweet finds....All my banks must be recharged with silver by now. (haven't been searching for about 10 months) I will be out tomorrow to get some silver!!! ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread