Horrible Disgusting Dull Painfull Mindbending Week

coinmojo

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2008
Michigan
13 boxes of halves...... thats right 13,000 half dollars searched this week. Total time and travel commited at least 10 hours and 60 miles driving around.

All I got to show for it was (2) 40%'s

So I set out this morning to find some silver........ I should have stayed in Bed.......... couple dozen banks........ NO Silver.

Worst week ever................. :'(

Mojo ........ Come on Next week.

Upvote 0

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Sorry to hear that Moj...I joined a 12-step program myself...involves swinging a Minelab explorer! FFD

coolpix9

Bronze Member
Jan 17, 2007
Primary Interest:
Other
Mojo, I have never heard of a more deserving candidate for a "Bailout". I was going to complain about the silver I found but I think it wise for me to just shut up. Next week the tide will turn for you. Good Luck, Jim

Silver Stripe

Bronze Member
Jul 8, 2007
USA
coinmojo said:
13 boxes of halves...... thats right 13,000 half dollars searched this week. Total time and travel commited at least 10 hours and 60 miles driving around.

All I got to show for it was (2) 40%'s

So I set out this morning to find some silver........ I should have stayed in Bed.......... couple dozen banks........ NO Silver.

Worst week ever................. :'(

Mojo ........ Come on Next week.
I have a theory, and believe it or not it works. I sell my 40%ers and when I'm getting ready of course I want to accumulate as many as possible to make shipping more worthwhile, well finds fall off (actually my finds run in cycles but this also plays a role). I make a sale, pack them up and guess what- finds like days of old (well not that good but alot better), just happened again too. Last week I had maybe 10 keepers out of 25 boxes, taped my package up to ship Thursday night, last night I got (28) 40% and (2) '64. Anyways hope next week improves for ya, someone might PM ya to help ya out, HH Mark

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
Sorry to hear about your lack of finds Mojo.

My finds have been getting worse each month. I think there are so many CRHers, especially those doing high volume each week (10+ boxes per week) that the silver out there is grabbed pretty fast. There is only so much silver getting released into the system at a time. The economy downturn has been going on for a while and many people have already cashed in their old coin collections that were lying around. Once they are gone they are gone. Those still holding collections will hopefully turn them in soon to keep fresh silver working its way into the system.

I wish I started CRHing a year sooner than I did. But at least my first few months were awesome, and a few months after that decent. Now a box with 5 or more 40%ers is a dream box.

I cancelled all my box orders except from one bank that gets me 2-4 per week. Those may be cancelled soon and I will just stick to hand rolls once in a while and a couple of banks that save their machine bags for me when they fill.

I have always said that for me this not a "hobby". I love finding silver but when I dont find it the experience is not fun. When the silver stops showing up in decent amounts I see no reason to continue. I can buy 10- 40%ers a week for about 20 bucks and save myself all the hassle of buying, searching the coins, then dumping rejects.

Jim

Silver Stripe

Bronze Member
Jul 8, 2007
USA
silvercop said:
been slow here too
Silvercop dude- you had the right idea- you just need to work it harder, thing outside the box----------OK so this bank can't satisfy me so how about a couple here and a couple over here and wherever else you can think of. Keep that $$$ working and it will pay off, leave the $$$ sittin and it'll get spent. These days I would only want two boxes a week- otherwise you will scare them off completely. Good luck to ya. HH Mark

S

seger98

This is why I CRH at my convenience, no out of the way driving, no ordering, no big dumps, no ticked off tellers, no ticked off banks, just enjoy what I get when I get it!

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That sucks, try taking a break for a few weeks, thats what Im doing. :thumbsup:

Silver Stripe

Bronze Member
Jul 8, 2007
USA
TreasureFiend said:
Don't ya wonder if Gramma dumps all the silver while your on Sobatical- I sure did. Breaks are a good thing taken in moderation haha. HH all, Mark

phrostie

Dec 3, 2008
Nap Town
don't worry coinmojo, it's just the lulls of searching. i was on a 8 box streak then I got a brinks box with 106 silver. Your time will come my son.

OP
OP
coinmojo

coinmojo

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2008
Michigan
Thanks for all your encouraging words. I know my next dream box is around the corner.

But I'm pretty sure it's gotta slow down sooner or later........ Is now the time?

This area has ben hurting since 911. we never really recovered. the rest of the country is just catching up with us in Michigan as far as the economical downturn.

So I gotta believe most of the small collections have been turned in by now.

coolpix9 said:
Mojo, I have never heard of a more deserving candidate for a "Bailout". I was going to complain about the silver I found but I think it wise for me to just shut up. Next week the tide will turn for you. Good Luck, Jim

Bring on that bail out. As long as I can still get my silver bonus

Fistfulladirt said:
Sorry to hear that Moj...I joined a 12-step program myself...involves swinging a Minelab explorer! FFD

I'd love to get in that program but I don't have the equipment or time. I can do most of this hobby in small blocks at home.

TreasureFiend said:

That aint going to happen........ I might miss something...... Like Below

Silver Stripe said:
Don't ya wonder if Gramma dumps all the silver while your on Sobatical- I sure did. Breaks are a good thing taken in moderation haha. HH all, Mark

Exactly

OmegaMan said:
I feel for you. I hate days like that.

Or in my case 5 days...... all this week.

Thanks. Mojo. HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions