Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Could it of been 1/2lb or 1lb .9999 Bens? :icon_pirat:

sneak

Oct 24, 2007
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
No lashing from me! :wink: 4 x face sounds pretty good to me! I am hoping to hold out for 5 x for mine but you never know if it will go up or down.

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LOL - Duh, for some reason I thought you traded 40%'rs for higher purity silver... :tongue3:

S

seger98

Am I missing something here? :icon_scratch: Maybe I'm not as bright as the rest of you.

coolpix9

Bronze Member
Jan 17, 2007
Primary Interest:
Other
Seger, you have been cooped up in that RV too long. Some dumba$$ sent him 8 $100 bills for 400(40%) halves. He must have this guy eating out of his hand. Cheers, Jim

S

seger98

I have been cooped up to long I guess... LOL If anyone deserves 40 :whip2: it's me :tard:

OP
OP
Silver Stripe

Silver Stripe

Bronze Member
Jul 8, 2007
USA
So we have some winners and losers- was hoping to get a little more mileage but Pix blew that. I would have got a good laugh if someone thought I traded for 8 Franklin halves. I posted on another board about the '70S, same post as here w/ pics and someone asked if it was a small date LOL. HH Mark

jrf30

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
CO, AZ
Detector(s) used
dfx, Ryedale!
Seems close to right. Maybe a little low. On Nucleo right now, $100 of 40%ers has a bid of $400 and an ask of $475. So you sold at the bid, which was a little low, and he bought at the bid, which was good for him. I'd probably have tried to get about $430 for them, splitting the bid and the ask. This way you both get good deals. ALthough right now I"m holding. I see inflation ahead and want all the silver I can have. just me.

And selling for $800 when you found them at $200? I can't argue with that. :-) YOu never go broke taking a profit.

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
jrf30 said:
Seems close to right. Maybe a little low. On Nucleo right now, $100 of 40%ers has a bid of $400 and an ask of $475. So you sold at the bid, which was a little low, and he bought at the bid, which was good for him. I'd probably have tried to get about $430 for them, splitting the bid and the ask. This way you both get good deals. ALthough right now I"m holding. I see inflation ahead and want all the silver I can have. just me.

And selling for $800 when you found them at $200? I can't argue with that. :-) YOu never go broke taking a profit.

2 bucks a piece is not too low. It is a very good price right now. I checked some sites that list prices and right now dealers can get $1000 face bags for about $3750, and usually when you sell less than a whole bag you get less per coin. So in my opinion he got a very good deal. Melt is about $2.04 per coinflation right now. If you were to send 40%ers to a refiner they would not pay anywhere near melt due to the low percentage of silver per coin. The only reason premiums on 40s are good now is because of investment demand, in that certain people want to hold bags of 40s due to their silver and the fact they are money. I would much rather have 90s or .999 than 40s for long term holding, but that is just me.

I guess a person could possibly get more selling on ebay or nucleo exchange, but then you have to deal with shipping costs, getting paid, etc.

Jim

coolpix9

Bronze Member
Jan 17, 2007
Primary Interest:
Other
I would suspect that the buyer made a deal with the seller just prior to the recent uptick in silver prices. I can't imagine a sharp cookie like Mark selling at below spot prices. Maybe next time the seller will come out a wee bit better than he did this time. Have fun out there guys and gals, Jim

OP
OP
Silver Stripe

Silver Stripe

Bronze Member
Jul 8, 2007
USA
coolpix9 said:
I would suspect that the buyer made a deal with the seller just prior to the recent uptick in silver prices. I can't imagine a sharp cookie like Mark selling at below spot prices. Maybe next time the seller will come out a wee bit better than he did this time. Have fun out there guys and gals, Jim
It all evens out. No complaints being a frequent flyer haha. When I started I needed hunting $$$, I had 4.5ozt of placer gold to sell- at the time gold was about $600. Deal was made, gold delivered. Next day gold jumped $50!, kindof the way it goes (Murphys Law). Now gold is over $900 and my mom thinks I should regret that sale- I don't think so as I've made many times that off of silver because of that sale. HH all, Mark

alabamadan

May 2, 2005
Dixie
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
I talked to a dealer yesterday who said she pays 8x face for silver and sellls for 10x face. I doubt she's thinking of large volumes.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread