Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver umax, Whites M6
Upvote 0

coolpix9

Bronze Member
Jan 17, 2007
Primary Interest:
Other
some of us would give body parts to get a Franklin on their first outing. Try searching though 18,000 halves hoping for at least one to keep. Congrats on your first silver. There is more out there. Jim

LJ

Silver Member
Dec 23, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jim is right 20eyes. A Franklin first time out of the gates is awesome!!! There is more out there. Beat the bushes....turn over every rock.....you'll have a pile you won't be able to jump over after a while. Persistence!!! Good luck. Keep us posted.

Jim - Body parts??.....that's hilarious!! Also, I just noticed your detector......two dowsing rods.....lol. I see your humor hasn't changed....lol. I love it. That little one sure is a cutie!!

mistergee

Silver Member
Jan 8, 2008
Pennsylvania
Jim is right 20eyes. A Franklin first time out of the gates is awesome!!! There is more out there. Beat the bushes....turn over every rock.....you'll have a pile you won't be able to jump over after a while. Persistence!!! Good luck. Keep us posted.
Yeah....what LJ said. that Franklin may only be the tip of the iceburg....welcome to our madness....with all those eyes you shouldn't miss much :icon_cyclops_ani: :icon_cyclops_ani: :icon_cyclops_ani: :icon_cyclops_ani: :icon_cyclops_ani: :icon_cyclops_ani: :icon_cyclops_ani: :icon_cyclops_ani: :icon_cyclops_ani: :icon_cyclops_ani: :icon_cyclops_ani: :icon_cyclops_ani: :icon_cyclops_ani: :icon_cyclops_ani: :icon_cyclops_ani: :icon_cyclops_ani: :icon_cyclops_ani: :icon_cyclops_ani: :icon_cyclops_ani: :icon_cyclops_ani:

OP
OP
20eyes

20eyes

Greenie
Mar 1, 2009
Sturgeon Bay, WI
Detector(s) used
I was totally shocked when i found it. Defanitly gonna keep looking. I think i may try a box of dimes next so the people at the bank dont think im totally nuts...

coolpix9

Bronze Member
Jan 17, 2007
Primary Interest:
Other
Now Dimes ? You are a glutton for punishment. Here we have you basking in the sunshine of Silver Halves, and you want to try dimes. I guess all great ships end up on the rocks eventually. Prepare thyself for disappointment with the dimes. Best wishes, Jim

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
20eyes said:
I think i may try a box of dimes next so the people at the bank dont think im totally nuts...
Now tomorrow you will tell us you found a Barber in those dimes. Good Luck.

OP
OP
20eyes

20eyes

Greenie
Mar 1, 2009
Sturgeon Bay, WI
Detector(s) used
I take it silver dimes are less plentiful than silver halves in bank rolls? What about dollars?

47thelement

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2009
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excal, ACE 250 for my son
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
oh yeah dollars that's the ticket! get them all over yourself. Start with the presidential ones :wink:

coinmojo

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2008
Michigan
20eyes said:
I take it silver dimes are less plentiful than silver halves in bank rolls? What about dollars?

There are no silver dollars out there. In over 3years I have only found 1 or 2 and about 5000 common Ike's.

Silver Dollars are so unusual that even the greenest tellers would scoop them up before they hit the counter.

Mojo

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mistergee said:
Prepare thyself for disappointment with the dimes. Best wishes, Jim
maybe where you live dimes suck but around here we average 2 per box

Yea around me dimes produce on average 3 per box where as half boxes I am luck to get a 40%'er anymore. I say stick with halfs and when you can't get them then do dime boxes. :thumbsup:

timbobwey

Bronze Member
Mar 16, 2009
MI
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got a 1968 in my first 5 rolls.. but nothing since then.. I never get boxes, sounds like that's he way to do it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread