Business cards

FL Junkman

Feb 13, 2008
Florida
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70 and Silver U-Max
Do some of you hand out business cards of some sort to bank tellers when you go in checking for halves? I haven't but have left my phone number with a few tellers and asked them if they would call me if they get in any halves. Haven't received any calls and wonder if leaving a card would be better. If you do leave cards, would appreciate any feedback you may be able to provide and how you are wording your cards. Thanks. HH

FL Junkman

Upvote 0

47thelement

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2009
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excal, ACE 250 for my son
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Real quick question...

If you were a bank teller and you had some coins you knew a couple people wanted, what are you going to remember, a scrap piece of paper with some dudes phone number scribled on it or a professional looking business card?

mine are simple...

NAME
Collector of half dollars
and
Older Large Dollar coins
also interested in strange
or unusual currency
Phone

I use an antique style font and some color to make sure they stand out.
I also number each card and keep a log of where each card is.
the log includes info such as teller names, mgr names, counting machine, if it is somebody elses dump... anything I think might help me later.

remember I was in Sales for 15 years.

Do you think LJ did so well by just buying and selling. I don't thinks so. I just read today that she has relationships with tellers. That is the key to getting the tellers to work for you.

Mentone Grizz

Jul 27, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro
Piercesdad said:
I just read today that she has relationships with tellers. That is the key to getting the tellers to work for you.
So THAT is how she does it!!!!! All I have been doing is flirting just a little......
- Grizz

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread