Gonna try new dump method

jonhls

Nov 10, 2006
I don't have a lot of dump banks locally but think i have a new idea to try with them.Since i now have to roll all my dumps I am going to drop off 800.00 at every bank within driving range.I'm thinking this will accomplish a few things.Number 1,that will take quite a few coins out of circulation for awhile so I might be able to get back to an older pallet.Number 2,when they get up to 1000.00 and ship back to fed at least i will have 20% coins that i did not dump coming back.Number 3,It will give all the other hunters in my area something to look forward to lol.Imagine how deep we could get into the pallets if all the banks had 800. in there vaults....whats everyone think....hh jon

Upvote 0

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
The banks do not have to wait till they have a $1000 on hand to send back. I've finally gotten the bag treatment after having to roll all my dumps before. I put $750 in each bag so the tellers don't strain with the weight. The bags could hold $1000. Everyone of the bags get hauled back to brinks. Whether Brinks takes them to the Fed or rerolls them for their own supply is up to the demand. There are way more banks that are serviced by Brinks than Loomis (in my area). Consequently, there is more demand for halves from Brinks from other CRH'ers. I'm thankful to help Brinks out supplying the other CRH'ers with my dumps. My problem is that I've exhausted the supply from the Loomis branch. My boxes have been dated March 2009. I'm now trying to line up a supplier from the Daytona-Ormond Beach branch.

OmegaMan

Dec 9, 2007
I would leave a couple of banks free of dumps. When your bank decides to
charge you or shut you down from dumping(it almost always happens) at there
location you are going to need another bank to do business with.

I am not saying that your plan won't work but don't burn to many bridges.

Good luck and happy hunting.

mistergee

Silver Member
Jan 8, 2008
Pennsylvania
i know my dump bank bags all thier halfs in $100 bags and their off to the carrier. other banks i have bought odd amounts in bags like one which was $101.50.....so unless you KNOW for sure they don't send them back until they hit $1000, your theory would collapse. but how much harm could it do to try.....good luck :thumbsup:

XX

Jan 11, 2008
The Fed Requires $1000 bags, but.....

If a bank doesn't have a Fed account, but rather contracts with a cash handling service, or even another bank to house their "Cash Vault", then the details depend on the agreement they have which may allow for shipment of non-standard amounts.

coinmojo

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2008
Michigan
John

In my opinion the best way to purge your dumps from your area is to take them to another area that is serviced by your armored carrier service in your area.

Which means probably a trip to another state or at least a 100 mile trip. I would do this if i had the time and sources. I would try and make a trip once a week with my last dump or 3k if i could afford too hang on to 3k and deliver them to another service district.

Check the Brinks or Loomis web site you can Find where their service centers are and dump near in a different service area.

Just dont dump them in my district....... Please...... I'm trying to help you here. See link below

http://www.us.brinksinc.com/locations/locations.aspx

Mojo

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread