Did I get skunked or did I get SKUNKED?

Emileel

Jan 4, 2009
OK,
I ordered 2 $500 boxes of halves from my bank and 10 boxes of pennies, hoping for SOME 2009s,

every one of my penny boxes is old, no new 2009's, haven't had a chance to see if there are any treasures in the rolls, that waits for this weekend. Keep your fingers crossed.

My question is about the halves,
I don't know what the story is, but EVERY SINGLE ROLL in both boxes contains new, pristine, untouched, shiny, uncirculated Denver 1995 1/2s. What are the chances of that? Did some well meaning person at the mint find some dusty corner from 1995 and decide to clean house? :BangHead: ::) What the H am I going to do with these? ??? ???

Upvote 0

phrostie

Dec 3, 2008
Nap Town
If I were you, I'd keep them! That sounds like a great find! That way there are less 95's for me to look at. I hate them.

:tard: :tard: :tongue3:

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yea same here I have seen tons of 1995's... :tard:

OP
OP
Emileel

Emileel

Jan 4, 2009
Update I went to my coin club monthly meeting last night and took 20 rolls of those 1995 halves, sold 10 at $15 and the rest for $13.

I have made it thru 2 boxes of pennies and pulled 56 wheaties, and am filling a wooden trunk with pre 1982s for copper content.

10 Canadian pennies and 1 Canadian anniversary penny, hadn't seen that one before!

;D

XX

Jan 11, 2008
This is purely a guess, but I'm guessing that the glut of 1995, 1997, 1998, and 2000 halves were resonsible for the Mint's discontinuance of shipping halves in 2001.

I've often found pockets of almost pure UNC of these four years.

A word to the wise, when I went through them, they were not necessarily pure. I would often find 2 to 5 old halves mixed in with the box.

I did luck out with the 1997 ones though as I found well over a dozen that were struck through scrap copper (looked like the copper was scraped off the edge of a previous planchet by the collar die, then landed on the face of the coins I found).

alabamadan

May 2, 2005
Dixie
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
I see tons of 95Ps over here in the SouthEast. For a while I saved them, not I just toss em.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread