The price of this crhing addiction keeps going up

Scalper

Bronze Member
Jul 18, 2006
Curitiba, Brazil
After finally getting some boxes without paying any fees , now my dump bank is talking about charging me for bags ( I hear it every week word for word from 1 teller for the last 3 weeks ). I need another dump bank or 2 anyways so I went to the banks that I dont order coin from . I took in 2 bags to the first bank no go they all have to be rolled and they have to check on fees so call before I bring in any coins. So onto my old supply bank they said no problem but you will have to leave them until Mon. , that was cool with me so I took 4 bags for them .

I went and picked up some boxes and when I got home the phone rang it was the vault teller at the bank I had dropped the 4 bags off at . She informed me it would be 35.00 a bag to ship them out. So I went back over and picked up my 4 bags .

Damn I was getting tired of dragging on these bags plus picking up 6 boxes of boxes .

So I will have to go out of town to find a free dump bank ... these fees are crazy 17.50/box to order them and 17.50/ box to dump them damn I would end up in the poor house in no time, Ed

Btw the only reason that I can order coins and not pay fees is I have to keep the money in my account at all times for them to order them for me .

This fee madness all started when the vault teller left my original bank and a new girl took over with this bank being the biggest in the area some of the other banks call them to see what they charge so it is 17.50/17.50 at several banks now . :tard:

Upvote 0

phrostie

Dec 3, 2008
Nap Town
That does suck, I haven't been hit with fees yet and am not looking forward to that day.

It'll work out well in the end, good luck Ed.

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
You all don't have the deposits to give you the clout that you need. If the bank vault teller would have tried to bully me with the fees, I would tell her that I would be down to pick up the bags and withdraw the balance of my accounts. The money was deposited in cash and I expect the withdrawal in cash. When you have $60,000 in deposits, it tends to shut the bank down. They understand fractional lending when it suits their bottom line. It is amazing how fast those fees are waived.

silvercop

Silver Member
Dec 30, 2008
VALLEY ALABAMA
Detector(s) used
GARRETT GTA 500
hey i got one for everybody. last month my main dumpbank stopped me from using their coin counting machine because they said my halves were tearing the machine up. well they started providing me the bags and i just bring in the dumps and exchange them. i thought everything was good so i start doing this, the only difference is now they want to make me to deposit the sum of the dumps in my account and then do a immediate withdrawl. i found this to be a little suspicious because it seemed to me they only wanted a paper trail to use against me later, but i did it their way and did not say anything. today when i got my statement they charged me a fee of 12.00 for excessive immediate withdrawls. guess i will go see what they have to say about it monday, what do you guys think? ever heard of something like this?

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
Silvercop, you do 12-16 grand in halves, correct? If you are withdrawing that much per transaction, then they should be reporting that transaction to the Feds. Have they? The limit is supposed to be $10,000 that doesn't require reporting, but some banks have lower thresholds. Mine is $9000. I can walk up to the window and take $8999 and no paper trail to the Feds. Either way, the fees should be waived.

silvercop

Silver Member
Dec 30, 2008
VALLEY ALABAMA
Detector(s) used
GARRETT GTA 500
i only dump there. i dump 10K per week over 2-3 days usually no more than 3 bags at a time due to the long walk from the parking lot. the only spaces they have to park that is remotely near the door are the handicap spaces and i will not park in those. i was thinking if they are reporting all of this i might have some explaining to do to someone later. i know my supply bank always creates a paper trail when i pick up. i pick up 8K from one bank and 2K from another. the one i get the 2K from does not i don't think.

rmptr

Silver Member
Dec 25, 2007
Tierra del Fuego
Detector(s) used
Tesoro.Fisher.Garrett
...Can't you guys/gals use a golf bag carrier, or a small dolly for your boxes?

Seems like the walk to the door comes up as a problem, frequently.

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
silvercop said:
i only dump there. i dump 10K per week over 2-3 days usually no more than 3 bags at a time due to the long walk from the parking lot. the only spaces they have to park that is remotely near the door are the handicap spaces and i will not park in those. i was thinking if they are reporting all of this i might have some explaining to do to someone later. i know my supply bank always creates a paper trail when i pick up. i pick up 8K from one bank and 2K from another. the one i get the 2K from does not i don't think.

You will know about any Fed paper trail as you have to sign the paperwork. The paper trail is more to track large deposits/withdrawals to be used for Homeland Security. It is required by the Patriot Act. An internal paper trail for the 8K won't be the same. Either way, 3K per transaction doesn't sound like a big deal to me.

OmegaMan

Dec 9, 2007
Dang! $35.00 per bag to ship. I thought $15.00 that banks try to get out here
was ridiculous. This is all part of the game of roll hunting. Ed, good luck on finding
a dump bank that's fee free. some Wells Fargos out here are free to dump but that
only lasts so long before the F word shows up, then off to the other bank.

It is a never ending battle between us and the banks. We just need to be one step ahead.

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
rmptr said:

I actually prefer to carry the boxes from my pickup bank. It gives me the excuse to snag a cookie on each trip through the doors. I'm able to back my vehicle up to the front door and it is quiet enough that I can leave the back open while I load. Also, they have the most amazing home-baked cookies. They love me. My dump bank on the other hand... I use a hard case luggage with wheels for hauling my bags.

OP
OP
Scalper

Scalper

Bronze Member
Jul 18, 2006
Curitiba, Brazil
Thanks for the replies everyone , I will just have to take them for awhile to one of the banks that has a coin counter ... didnt take them the cuz all the banks with counters near them didnt have any halves lol..,.

dandow20 said:
That does suck, I haven't been hit with fees yet and am not looking forward to that day.

It'll work out well in the end, good luck Ed.

Thanks Dandow , yeah the fee thing comes up more often when u only have 5 local banks lol... I am not too worried about it I will unload them somewhere out of town ... I am kinda spoiled not having to roll them all but I will if I have to , HH Ed

Diver_Down said:
You all don't have the deposits to give you the clout that you need. If the bank vault teller would have tried to bully me with the fees, I would tell her that I would be down to pick up the bags and withdraw the balance of my accounts. The money was deposited in cash and I expect the withdrawal in cash. When you have $60,000 in deposits, it tends to shut the bank down. They understand fractional lending when it suits their bottom line. It is amazing how fast those fees are waived.

That is true Diver , $$$$ talks the funniest thing is the banks that treat me the best are the ones that I only have a 100.00 in.... I yanked 35k out of this POS bank already have another 8k or so left to take out , I guess they dont

like $$$$.

rmptr said:

I usually like to carry my coins , it helps keep me in shape but I dont really like to lug them in and out of the same bank , Ed

OmegaMan said:
Dang! $35.00 per bag to ship. I thought $15.00 that banks try to get out here
was ridiculous. This is all part of the game of roll hunting. Ed, good luck on finding
a dump bank that's fee free. some Wells Fargos out here are free to dump but that
only lasts so long before the F word shows up, then off to the other bank.

It is a never ending battle between us and the banks. We just need to be one step ahead.

Thanks Omega , lol I hear that trying to stay ahead of the man ... I will just have to take them out of town and travel a little further to unload them ... planning on going on a real road trip come Mon. if all works out well , that will give me a chance to unload my coins and hit some banks for 2 or 3 days in some new territory , Ed

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's the price you pay for dealing with so many coins at once. Cut the fat on your operation, instead of 4 bags do 2, streamline and hopefully they will calmdown. If not then you will have to find another set of banks and just wait till they get tired of dealing with so many coins and charge fees too.

TxTim

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2007
Texas
Detector(s) used
DFX & SE
$35 per bag to ship them from Brazil sounds about right... :tard:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread