dump bank continues to fight

silvercop

Silver Member
Dec 30, 2008
VALLEY ALABAMA
Detector(s) used
GARRETT GTA 500
just when i thought they were finished.......... last month my main dumpbank stopped me from using their coin counting machine because they said my halves were tearing the machine up. well they started providing me the bags and i just bring in the dumps and exchange them. i thought everything was good so i start doing this, the only difference is now they want to make me to deposit the sum of the dumps in my account and then do a immediate withdrawl. i found this to be a little suspicious because it seemed to me they only wanted a paper trail to use against me later, but i did it their way and did not say anything. today when i got my statement they charged me a fee of 12.00 for excessive immediate withdrawls. guess i will go see what they have to say about it monday, what do you guys think? ever heard of something like this?

Upvote 0

Scalper

Bronze Member
Jul 18, 2006
Curitiba, Brazil
Hi S.C. who many times did u dump coins there before geting hit up for the $12.00 ??? I think that it sounds pretty f*cked up to me hmmm I have never heard of anything like this . Best of luck with finding out what is happening on Mon. :icon_scratch: , Ed

OP
OP
silvercop

silvercop

Silver Member
Dec 30, 2008
VALLEY ALABAMA
Detector(s) used
GARRETT GTA 500
i dump 10K a week there. i have an account. i am following their instructions. they said i could not use their machine anymore and had to do it this way. 12.00 is not alot based on the amount i dump there a month, but i just hate for someone to gouge or nickel and dime me any way they can dream up. i don't know if i should make waves or just pay the fee. at least i am going to ask to see the banks written fee schedule on "excessive withdrawls" :icon_scratch: :icon_scratch:

Seagates

Feb 7, 2009
Wow, that definitely doesn't sound right. I would be pitching a bitch to everyone at customer service or the bank until that fee gets wiped and will not be charged again or until i close my account with said bank. That behavior would definitely make me irate. The only way it would be acceptable is if I was aware of the fee ahead of time, and was ok with being charged for the convenience factor.

coinmojo

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2008
Michigan
If I remember correct we are talking about Excessive...... As in thousands. If it's 12k in dumps than your only looking at $1 per dump.

I would say the process of you bagging and simply dropping them off versus running them through the machine has saved you time and makes it more convenient so just consider it a convenience fee. A fair one at that.

Before you go barging in there with complaints, see if you can set up a better situation somewhere else

Hate to see you lose this premo set up.

If you want to recover the fee just short the bags $1 for every $1000, if you dump 12k a month, then it's a wash.

I'm pretty sure they just weigh them anyway. Everytime I buy bags from banks they are usually short because they just weigh them

Last week when I scored the quarters the teller cautioned me that they weigh them out too be exactly 50lbs = 1k for quarters.

I asked her to clarify, and said you mean you did not actually count out 100 rolls and crack them into the bag? And she said no we did not actually count the coins. That is why she warned me that they could be off.........

Mojo

OP
OP
silvercop

silvercop

Silver Member
Dec 30, 2008
VALLEY ALABAMA
Detector(s) used
GARRETT GTA 500
thanks mojo that is exactly what i was thinking. i have a good set up and don't want to rock the boat too hard, but like i said i just cant stand to be nickel and dimed. i think i like your idea about shorting the bags, and i will start doing that next week to recover the 12.00. it is getting harder and harder to find a bank that will play ball, and without that you have no game. thanks for the idea. anyone else have any?

puckhead

Apr 28, 2007
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500
Two things on this:

1. You have an account, but is it the bare minimum or do you have some real money there. I know a customer is a customer, but if all you have is for instance a $300 minimum balance, then from a business point of view you are costing them money, similar to the people that pay their credit card off every month, they need to make money, otherwise they cannot and will not stay in business.

2. I know that I have been told on more than one occasion that although I am only swapping cash for halves or vice versa, I need to swipe my card. This is so that there is indeed a paper trail, and while it can be used "against me", it also to track how much work the employees do. If I go to a bank once a week and take X minutes of time and it is not tracked, then the workload is not accurately represented and this can be justification for layoffs.

Remember that banks are a business and has we have all seen, they are not doing as well as they once were. Just some food for thought. HH all.

OP
OP
silvercop

silvercop

Silver Member
Dec 30, 2008
VALLEY ALABAMA
Detector(s) used
GARRETT GTA 500
i have 2K in this account. i don't know if they have a minimum balance requirement or not

Scalper

Bronze Member
Jul 18, 2006
Curitiba, Brazil
I have to agree with Mojo , I would pay 1.00 a bag no problem to dump coin. But you are dumping 40 bags for 12 .00 is that correct ?? I have the same set up bags 4 cash and it way faster than a coin machine and alot easier . But my dump bank is having a fit over 2-3 bags a week and now they are checking into charging me for the bags plus fees ... damn I would say that you have the set up, Ed

Seagates

Feb 7, 2009
Out of curiosity I just googled excessive immediate withdrawal and got nothing related to banking at all, so I'm under the impression this was a fee they just made up, as I'm sure if it was legitimate 'something' would of came up from a random banks TOS.

OP
OP
silvercop

silvercop

Silver Member
Dec 30, 2008
VALLEY ALABAMA
Detector(s) used
GARRETT GTA 500
my thought as well seagate, i think i will just ask to see a fee schedule monday and see if it is listed anywhere, then if not present my statement and inquire about it. at least i will let them know i am aware of what they are doing

coinmojo

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2008
Michigan
silvercop said:
my thought as well seagate, i think i will just ask to see a fee schedule monday and see if it is listed anywhere, then if not present my statement and inquire about it. at least i will let them know i am aware of what they are doing

Just be humble.

Mojo

nyiangelo

Feb 19, 2007
The Lone Star State
Detector(s) used
ace 250/ Minelab SE Pro
silvercop said:
thanks mojo that is exactly what i was thinking. i have a good set up and don't want to rock the boat too hard, but like i said i just cant stand to be nickel and dimed. i think i like your idea about shorting the bags, and i will start doing that next week to recover the 12.00. it is getting harder and harder to find a bank that will play ball, and without that you have no game. thanks for the idea. anyone else have any?

Come on now. I know your not serious. It's $1. Your a silvercop not a dirtycop, so don't short them. Besides if they catch on then they will be really happy with you.
Yours truely,
Jimminy Cricket

OP
OP
silvercop

silvercop

Silver Member
Dec 30, 2008
VALLEY ALABAMA
Detector(s) used
GARRETT GTA 500
plan A is to ask about the fee humble like just as mojo suggested, then if they won't remove it or either show me in writing using their fee schedule that it is a legitimate fee i will move on to plan B with the occasional shortage

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
coinmojo said:
If I remember correct we are talking about Excessive...... As in thousands. If it's 12k in dumps than your only looking at $1 per dump.

I would say the process of you bagging and simply dropping them off versus running them through the machine has saved you time and makes it more convenient so just consider it a convenience fee. A fair one at that.

Before you go barging in there with complaints, see if you can set up a better situation somewhere else

Hate to see you lose this premo set up.

If you want to recover the fee just short the bags $1 for every $1000, if you dump 12k a month, then it's a wash.

I'm pretty sure they just weigh them anyway. Everytime I buy bags from banks they are usually short because they just weigh them

Last week when I scored the quarters the teller cautioned me that they weigh them out too be exactly 50lbs = 1k for quarters.

I asked her to clarify, and said you mean you did not actually count out 100 rolls and crack them into the bag? And she said no we did not actually count the coins. That is why she warned me that they could be off.........

Mojo

Mojo,

I thought you were the good Karma CRHer. Do you think it is OK to recommend that someone intentionally short the bank? Isn't that kind of stealing albeit on a small scale?

If you say that it is justified because the bank started charging fees, I would say you are wrong. If a person does not like the rules a bank sets up, then go someplace else.

Banks are not in business to help us CRH, especially when someone is doing several thousands per week in volume. It is nice when they do help us, but that kind of volume is probably more than businesses bring in who deal in change, like laundrymats.

Jim

Darth Walker

Bronze Member
Jan 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I do not have a problem dumping.

I have been so busy At work that I have not been very active lately.

I just search about $50 and I use the rejects to pay for stuff at Wall Mart, Restaurants, Etc...

Sorry to heard about the fees but you are a monster CRH in comparison to me

DW

coinmojo

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2008
Michigan
jim4silver said:
Mojo,

I thought you were the good Karma CRHer. Do you think it is OK to recommend that someone intentionally short the bank? Isn't that kind of stealing albeit on a small scale?

If you say that it is justified because the bank started charging fees, I would say you are wrong. If a person does not like the rules a bank sets up, then go someplace else.

Banks are not in business to help us CRH, especially when someone is doing several thousands per week in volume. It is nice when they do help us, but that kind of volume is probably more than businesses bring in who deal in change, like laundrymats.

Jim

Jim

I simply saying take the exact liberty's that they take. Put the bag on a scale and add coins till it hits 50lbs. That is what they do.

If it weighs right than that is all that matters.

My bags and boxes are short most of the time and many of my Fed / CWI "Rolls" can be as much as 2 coins short.

He also will be debited if the bags are short. But I haven't heard too many people who operate this way say that that happens very often. So they aren't gonna get mad at him or take away his privilege they will simply deduct $1 from his account if they actually count / Verify those bags.

Also I have in the past taken delivery of of bags dropped off at my pick ups because they claimed they were out of boxes. the bags were not bagged by Brinks they were from 2 different bank's across town and they simply gave me someone Else's dump. I'm pretty sure they did not verify those bags contents.
As a matter of fact it is stated right on the bags that "Bag Is "Said" To Contain X amount of $$$$"

I responded to Silvercops Question. Do I have to justify everything I write, everytime, to you?

I am simply trying to educate a fellow CRH on the way things are done around here.

I still believe in karma but I also Believe in Balance........... If this fee is a spite initiated fee than.........

So yea silvercop go ahead and test it out.

Mojo

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
coinmojo said:
jim4silver said:
Mojo,

Jim

I responded to Silvercops Question. Do I have to justify everything I write, everytime, to you?

Mojo

Sorry Mojo, didn't mean to touch a nerve or anything.

I have never asked you to justify anything before this post. In fact, I usually agree with you 100% on issues that involve "ethical" dilemmas or situations, much like the recent post about the lady who cashed in the gold eagles and the teller being fired.

I guess it seemed strange to me that someone like you, who seems to share similar beliefs as I do regarding right and wrong (at least from what I read in your posts), would recommend to another CRHer to intentionally short the bank. Especially when another CRHer may wind up buying silvercop's bags and get shorted, much like you say happens to you. My view would be why perpetuate such things. But that is just my 2 cents.

But if you think it is a good strategy to recommend, then go ahead. Don't mind me.

Jim

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions