All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0

alabamadan

May 2, 2005
Dixie
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
You got my dumps I see. ;D

I do have to turn in rolled halves as none of my banks have a counting machine and I'm actually pretty quick about putting them back and rolling the ends down. Just in case someone else (or even me) does get them again, I do mark the wrappers with a red mark. I don't return them in the box however. I ride around with those in my trunk until I see a good dumpster somewhere.

FWIW, if they weren't marked how would you know?

47thelement

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2009
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excal, ACE 250 for my son
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm made out of rubber and you're made out out of glue, what ever you say bounces off of me and sticks to you!

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
I'm with you on this. I hate getting recycled rolls in boxes. I have only had it happen a couple of times (from what I can tell), but it sucks.

My opinion is that they do not recycle rolls that people mark up, like the previous poster says he does. Has anyone ever received recycled rolls that were marked up that came in a sealed box from a coin courier?

Jim

Mentone Grizz

Jul 27, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro
I don't mind hunters re-using the rolls....in fact, it is an environmentally considerate thing to do.
What frosts me is when they re-use the rolls, and then somehow crimp back the opened end to where you can scarcely tell that they had ever been unrolled, oftentimes putting them back into the original boxes with the opened end down. Why do this?? I don't understand the theory behind the process. It is a lot of extra time and work, and the bank tellers don't care, as long as they are getting 20 halves per roll. Just twist the opened end back up and call it good. It will still net you $10.00 per roll, and any CRHer that is paying attention can easily tell that someone has already gone through those rolls.
- Grizz

47thelement

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2009
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excal, ACE 250 for my son
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
trust me! you will know when you have gotten my fed rolls

OP
OP
SnakemanBill

SnakemanBill

Apr 24, 2008
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mentone Grizz said:
I don't mind hunters re-using the rolls....in fact, it is an environmentally considerate thing to do.
What frosts me is when they re-use the rolls, and then somehow crimp back the opened end to where you can scarcely tell that they had ever been unrolled, oftentimes putting them back into the original boxes with the opened end down. Why do this?? I don't understand the theory behind the process. It is a lot of extra time and work, and the bank tellers don't care, as long as they are getting 20 halves per roll. Just twist the opened end back up and call it good. It will still net you $10.00 per roll, and any CRHer that is paying attention can easily tell that someone has already gone through those rolls.
- Grizz

Yeah I usually don't mind as long as they're marked somehow. I've had several tellers try to sell me boxes like this and I refuse them. Normally its easy to tell when you're getting a searched box as its ripped and retapped or open at one end. Its when they open the box search the coins and reseal it so it doesn't look like its been opened. The least you could do is write something across the box or mark it up so we know not to buy it. Yes the box was sealed. It wasn't till later when I opened it that I saw that the rolls were all folded over on one end the ends with the folds were all placed down so they couldn't be seen from the view holes in the fed box. All the rolls had a red or black mark on them which I assume were from the rat B%^$&#d that pulled this.

gotgot

Dec 29, 2008
I'll say it again: As long as you don't return the rolls in boxes, nothing wrong with recycling the wrappers they came in.
And who spends the time re-crimping??? I agree that person is jerkolicious.

Why would you buy a box that wasn't sealed? You do the inspection yourself through the holes on the bottom, there is never a reason for the box to be open when it is given to you.
If I ever got a box that wasn't sealed, I decline taking it and if they had a problem with that, I would get a new source bank. And my deposits, CDs etc as they mature etc would follow.
What the hell are they doing opening the box.
Unless it was someone's dump but I made a specific order so I expect my box regardless of what another CRHer dumps at that site.
If they offer me the _additional_ box I would decline it. Gracefully.

alabamadan

May 2, 2005
Dixie
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
I recrimp them so I can toss them back into a bag. I tried the folding thing and they spilled.

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Nov 27, 2008
I slit the dime and half rolls,and put them back in the original boxes. I don't glue the boxes back. I don't have any coin machines near me so everything has to go back rolled.
Slitting the sides is a big time saver for me as I have enough to roll up as well.
If I had a free coin counter near me I would rather get rid of them that way.
I did pick up a dump box once. I was very careful after that and won't take loose fed rolls or boxes that look tampered with.

Shake-N-Bake

Dec 5, 2007
SnakemanBill said:
This is for all of you who reroll your fed rolls and send them back in the original boxes for others to pick up. I hope you all end up with at least 10 skunk boxes of halves before finding another piece of silver.

To the rest of you good luck and have a nice day!

I don't reroll mine but I would love to hit silver after ten boxes. I am working on a 67 box skunk streak so PLEASE CURSE ME!!!

Jason

alabamadan

May 2, 2005
Dixie
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Well actually the biggest reason I reroll in the fed rolls, recrimp and reseal them is because I short every roll 1 coin. I'm making a fortune on this stuff! :icon_jokercolor: :icon_jokercolor:

Shake-N-Bake

Dec 5, 2007
mistergee said:
67 boxes ??? and you'r still going ???....Jason you are a glutton for punishment ;D

LOL! Yup still going, I only do 3 - 4 boxes a week in halves now. Just seeing if I can hit 100 without any silver. Don't get me wrong I am getting a few clad proofs and alot of NIFC's, just no silver.

Now do you understand why I do so many pennies, its the only thing that hits real well around here. Well the dimes and nickel hit OK also.

Happy Hunting,
Jason

50centman

Feb 25, 2008
Menton,
"Environmentally considerate" ? Are you from the planet Enviro ? Perhaps we should send you all our used wrappers.

Mentone Grizz

Jul 27, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro
50centman;
PM your street address........I got a little something I would enjoy sending you......environmentally friendly, too!!!
- Grizz

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread