What is the coolest thing you have bought with your CRH stash?

47thelement

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2009
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excal, ACE 250 for my son
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got myself a really big television and a popcorn machine. It's actually an outdoor projector TV w/Surround sound. I show sporting events and movies on the side of my house almost every Friday and saturday night. The screen is 20 feet tall by 40 feet wide. The guy (not his shadow) in the picture is 6 ft 3 in.

The screen is actually bigger than the screens at the local 12 screen mall cinema.

Well worth the work!

Oh yeah the neighbors love me!

Ok I'm done beating my chest.

Attachments

• outdoorTV.jpg
    outdoorTV.jpg
    9.8 KB · Views: 397
Upvote 0

nyiangelo

Feb 19, 2007
The Lone Star State
Detector(s) used
ace 250/ Minelab SE Pro
Well I can see justifying that! All I've bought was a freaking pin pointer.....but that's all I've ever sold.....

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I get enough I'm gonna buy a Minelab Excal for water hunts. :icon_pirat:

zmemarine

Feb 6, 2008
1909s vdb and a 1914 d wheat penny bought this last february and I still had 2000 left from selling all my 40%ers.

Semper Fi

alabamadan

May 2, 2005
Dixie
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
I'm gonna have to start hitting them harder if that's the kind of thing we can buy! WTG!! :thumbsup:

Codes

Bronze Member
Feb 28, 2007
United States
Detector(s) used
White's M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nothing. I don't plan on selling anything from my CRH stash unless I REALLY need the money. I plan on keeping it and building upon it and passing it onto my kids.

-Codes

LJ

Silver Member
Dec 23, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Boobs.......maybe diamonds too......ha!

On a serious note, I have always told myself when I sell my stash I would purchase something that does not depreciate....because I feel like I have worked to hard to buy something that will only disappear in a few years and have nothing to show for it after a period of time. I will parlay that money only on something that typically will go up in value.

I have thought about land......gold......rare coins.....things along those lines. Not things like a car or anything that will eventually go down in value.

Interesting question PD.

jrf30

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
CO, AZ
Detector(s) used
dfx, Ryedale!
LJ said:
Boobs.......maybe diamonds too......ha!

On a serious note, I have always told myself when I sell my stash I would purchase something that does not depreciate....

Well then, there go the boobs! You know over time they go down TOO. ;D (AND down in value to hubby as he gets older)

But your idea of something that goes up is a good one. Like buying a rental house and rent it out. WIth a mortgage you can buy it sooner, and it will then pay each month to cover the mortgage and eventually you'll own a house with no money into it. Just from the rents. All from CRH! SOunds good to me!

And if that is your picture, then you don' tNEED to get those ... other things. :-) YOu're perfect the way you are.

alabamadan

May 2, 2005
Dixie
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Is that your picture? If so then I'd buy diamonds!!

Seriously, I think I'd buy a gold coin.

Ifyndit

Dec 15, 2007
The Pacific Northwest
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Corte's, Golden Sabre II, Minelab X-Terra50
I completely paid for my wife to go back to school and get her degree by CRH. Tuition and books....which are expensive!

wolfmann

Dec 30, 2006
i traded a half bag of 40% for a 1916-d Merc in VG 10 I look at that merc almost every night. I can't believe its not a fine. anacs graded vg10

OmegaMan

Dec 9, 2007
I bought a pack of smokes and some gum, now I have no more silver.
I guess it's back to the Bank.

OP
OP
47thelement

47thelement

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2009
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excal, ACE 250 for my son
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

packfan_1982

Jun 22, 2008
Omaha NE
Detector(s) used
F70 / ACE 250
1100 sq ft of carpet and pad installed to finish remodeling my house. Its a great hobby and now its alot easier to convince the wife that I am in fact NOT wasting my time burying my car in coin wrappers.

I also just cleaned out my car and found $20 in halves and dimes for 1/2 a tank of gas.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread