Silver Member
Jan 30, 2008
NorthWest Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Equinox 600, and Tesorso compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
seems like the old ladies are the grumpy ones ???
I went in today to dump a bag of halves and a bag of pennies, the first thing out of her mouth, before I even got to her window was "are those ALL half dollars"? ::)
and before I could even answer she asked "do you have an account here"?

Now I only dump at this bank once every 2-3 weeks and only $500-1000 at a time. I was ticked off this is how I was greeted.

I said "no, one bag is pennies and one is halves and YES I DO have accounts here."

then she asks "are you bringing these in for yourself or your buddy"? :icon_scratch: :icon_scratch:

I said maam what are you talking about my buddy??

she tells me another guy keeps bringing in half dollars from another town and she keep saying he was "my buddy"
I have no clue what she is talking about, but I ask her why is she getting so nosy about where my halves come from and does she treat all customers like me? I was getting ticked and asked her if I needed to speak to her manager, she was just a old rude grump!

and before you ask if I have an account with $25 in it, the answer is no, I have about $1600 in this bank and like I said only dump there about twice a month. Not sure what her problem is but if it happens again, I will ask for her manager for sure :tongue3:
there is no need for the attitude and all the questions from her.

Did I do anything wrong here???

Upvote 0

Jack_MIghtyheart

Aug 5, 2008
NJ
Detector(s) used
Tracker IV and Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Doesn't look like you did anything wrong. Have you ever had problems with her before? She might have just been having a bad day, or maybe she's fed up with getting a bunch of halves (especially if someone else is also dumping there).

47thelement

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2009
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excal, ACE 250 for my son
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First let me say NO you did not do any thing wrong.

But here is my theory on dump banks. I use the bank where I have my personal/household accounts. Between my wife and I we usually have $10,000+ in our several accounts at any given time. Plus about 10 CDs. It's really fun to watch tellers change their attitude when they snarl at me and ask if I have an account and respond "NO, I have several. Which account number would you like?"

It's especially fun going into a branch I haven't been into before ;D

bgretz1989

Dec 28, 2008
I dont mind looking through dumps or getting skunk boxes but i do hate all tellers who act like that. My opinion is that the banks created the mess our economy is in and with unemployment being so high they should fire all of their tellers that hate their jobs and hire in people who are glade to just have a job. But they let these people who hate their job and hate their lives work. If i gave one of my companies clients an attitude i would be out the door! The only wrong you where in was by not going to the bank manager in my opinion. We all know that banks cant run by themselves and its situations like this that only drive the point across further.

biggvinn2000

Greenie
Mar 23, 2009
Sounds like she was very rude!!!I have never had that problem with my bank, but they know me quite well there.

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 2, minelab sovereign xs 2a pro
Sounds to me like you got just what you deserved Goes!!! Serves you right thinking you can just dump on one bank and not spread the wealth around. It is people like you that give the hobbie a bad name!!! .......Of course I am kidding. HAH! I had you ready to research my address and hold my family hostage. I personally can't stand rude tellers and have only encountered one or two. Wished I had responded like you had.

Golden Silver

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
Sounds like my dump bank. There is the one teller that is plain nasty. She hunts for husband. I always carry a few rolls marked such as "64, 40%, Walker, 68, etc." I know these will eventually be "found" by her. I can only imagine her grimacing face as she tears open a roll of clad.

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Nov 27, 2008
Sounds to me that she is jealous of your dumps. Next time you go to that bank buy her a bottle of prune juice.

OP
OP
Goes4ever

Goes4ever

Silver Member
Jan 30, 2008
NorthWest Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Equinox 600, and Tesorso compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rich Hartford said:
Sounds to me that she is jealous of your dumps. Next time you go to that bank buy her a bottle of prune juice.
hahaha, good one!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread