its about time for a solid silver DIME roll!!!

phrostie

Dec 3, 2008
Nap Town
it's about time for a solid silver DIME roll!!!

Yesterday I was going to go to some fresh territory on a road trip en route to watch my sister's softball game. I had done all the extra legwork, printed out maps of the towns with bank locations, had all the numbers and even looked up the times they would be open on saturday! I was stoked to get into some new places as loose halves and hand rolls have dried up around here with the competition. Then the inevitable happens. With the recent storm in the midwest, my sister's game got cancelled! Friggon bummer man! All this pre-leg work and nothing is going to come out of it...are you kidding I'm not driving 2+ hours for no reason!

My wife sensed my dejected attitude, and said, "lets get up in the morning and get some starbucks and you can stop at some banks." I was like...ok, not gonna be as good, but luckily I had my "Mercury Magnet" (can I use that UGOTIT or is it copyrighted?) with me. So we set out and stop at some banks...I go to these ones all the time so I was primarily focused on rolls of dimes. Pick up $280 at first, $250 at the next, then $100 and $15 ($645 total). I get home and open a few (the day was reserved for painting the baby's room, but I wanted to get a silver dime before I started). Well I went through about $50 and didn't find any, and took a break from the search to prep the room. Did the taping, got all the necessary supplies set, and was like...I want to take another break and find one silver dime before I start. So I retreat back downstairs and start going through them while watching Family Feud. It must've been 45 mins (finished end of first show and then the whole second), and nothing! Not one, I must've been through a box and a half at that point...I'm thinkin, sweet this sucks, first no road trip now no silver in any roll! That's when it happened. I opened the roll and on the end I saw a 64. I remark, "great, I finally got one!" I start dumping the roll out, and it was a tighter roll so they didn't all fall out at once...instead the first three did...all silver! I say, "No way, is this whole thing silver?" With a couple extra shakes, the remaining dimes fall out! ALL SILVER (well except one, so would you consider it 'solid silver?')!!!! I hop skip and jump around the room in glee! I immediately put them down and look for similar rolls....finding about 8 with the same design, but some have different fade colors in comparison. My wife, who only gets excited when silver is found (and in dime rolls is few and far between), wants to open those rolls. So I let her and we find another roll with ~40 silver dimes. She finds one other silver dime in the remainder, and we end the day with 2 Mercs and 91 silver Roosies!!!!! I also scored 5 unopened rolls of BU 2007-P dimes (look like they're going for 9 bucks on ebay). Below is the breakdown and pics...HAPPY EASTER ALL!!! BTW, I'd like to think Jersey DEVL sent a few rolls down from northern indiana...so thanks if you did!

1 x 1920 (MM?)
1 x 1940-S
4 x 1946 (2 reg, 2 -D)
4 x 1947 (3 reg, 1-S)
4 x 1948 (2 reg, 1-S, 1-D)
0 x 1949 (sad face, I need these!!!)
1 x 1950
3 x 1951
2 x 1952 (1 reg, 1-D)
5 x 1953 (1 reg, 2-S, 2-D)
3 x 1954 (2 reg, 1-S)
2 x 1956-D
2 x 1957
2 x 1958-D
8 x 1959 (2 reg, 6-D)
2 x 1960 (1 reg, 1-D)
2 x 1961 (1 reg, 1-D)
4 x 1962-D
9 x 1963 (3 reg, 6-D)
34 x 1964 (6 reg, 28-D)

That's all for now, gotta head back on Monday and see if I can get anymore! It's cold in here, I need turn up the heat.

Attachments

• SDC10181.JPG
    SDC10181.JPG
    69.6 KB · Views: 615
  • SDC10182.JPG
    SDC10182.JPG
    113.9 KB · Views: 614
Upvote 0

salaloid

Jan 26, 2009
Re: it's about time for a solid silver DIME roll!!!

Wow... You just find what is my target for the whole year.

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 2, minelab sovereign xs 2a pro

That is awesome would love to find a roll like that. 3.5 ounces silver. Good goin. I wonder if it would be possible to find a full roll of barbers or even more far fetched seated. There has got to be a few rolls like that sitting in some bank somewhere. Anyway, just thinking as I write.

Golden Silver

Jack_MIghtyheart

Aug 5, 2008
NJ
Detector(s) used
Tracker IV and Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other

:thumbsup: I wish I could find a dream roll or two!

ugotit22

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2007
The Dirty Shire
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, and Whites IDX Pro

hey hey hey
the merc magnet is copywrited. Thats infrindgement
it will cost you one silver dime for everytime u use it.
LOL seriously though
nice score. I think ive only found alittle over 100 silver dimes in like a yr of hunting.
sick score

HolyDiver

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2008
PA
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Awesome score. Congrats :thumbsup:

coinmojo

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2008
Michigan

Very nice score.... Gotta love the 2 baggers.......

Mojo

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Awesome!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other

Yeah! Love those solid rolls! I've only found solids of halves, still waiting for MY solid silver roll of dimes, after going thru $50k not one, oh well, CONGRATS!

Ashdowney

Feb 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's DFX

You are welcome :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread