New and need advice

SouthernGirl

Nov 6, 2008
alabama
I am new to this forum and have some questions. My husband and I are moving and as I have gone threw the house have discovered that we have collected a lot of change though the years. One is a 3 foot can of mixed coins and I also found a wet wipe container of half dollars that we must have saved when the girls were little. I really don't know where to start and what to do with what I find. I did find a merc dime in a film container also. Please any advice on how to start this new project would greatly be appreciated.

Upvote 0

SnakemanBill

Apr 24, 2008
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome! Read the first post on this forum. All the info you need is to be found there. Good Luck!

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 2, minelab sovereign xs 2a pro
Always a pleasure to welcome a lady to the forum. Post your questions and we will answer.

Golden Silver

alabamadan

May 2, 2005
Dixie
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Pretty country up there. I'd go through the coins and save any dimes, quarters or halves before 1965. You could save pennies before 1982.

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
alabamadan said:
Pretty country up there. I'd go through the coins and save any dimes, quarters or halves before 1965. You could save pennies before 1982.

Scratch the halves cutoff. Save anything from 1970 and earlier. Halves prior to '65 have a 90% composition of silver. From 65 to 70, they have 40% silver.

HolyDiver

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2008
PA
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ask any question you have about anything. TNet is full of experts.

fiddycent

Oct 23, 2008
and if you have something you can't identify...try to post a picture on this forum. there are some really sharp coin roll hunters in this group. they've helped me a few times. *thanks again, guys!*

good luck and i hope you find some treasure!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread