Some people are just nice.

COPPER DIME

Jan 12, 2009
Swamp Land's of Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE. Backup/ Whites Classic 5ID
at work 2day one of the guys i work with came up 2 me & said that i was told that u collect coins. yes i do. i thought he was going 2 ask me a question about the value of a coin or something like that. he reached n his pocket & handed me a 1964 quarter. so i looked at the coin & asked where he had gotten it. he said he got it in some change when he stopped at a store on the way 2 work. i said wow u dont find coins like this every day. so i was still looking at the coin when he started 2 walk out of the shop. i asked what do u want 4 the quarter? he told me nothing just thought u mite like it. i said yes i do but it is worth more than 25 cents. he said i know u can have it.
COPPER DIME

Upvote 0

HolyDiver

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2008
PA
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Always helps to tell people that you collect coins. :thumbsup:

keverett

Feb 9, 2009
The NO town, CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac w/ Sunray X-1 Pro Coil and 10x12 SEF, Tesoro LST
AMEN! Most people say "Oh they are worth more than a quarter???" and then you never see another from them again!

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 2, minelab sovereign xs 2a pro
I did something similar yesterday for a teller at my pick-up bank. She always asks about my success with coins. She asked me the oldest one I had ever found and I told her an 1899. She goes " Wow, the oldest I have ever found is a 1969." I was feeling generous so I went to my car and pulled out the only silver I had on me, a 1963 rosie. I put it in an envelope and gave it to her with a note that says from the half dollar guy. That is what they call me. Anyway, I am quite sure it made her day.

Golden Silver

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread