bourassa5

Nov 8, 2008
Upvote 0

maine_Jim

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2008
Detector(s) used
Ace 350
Your at right place there at the right time! Get all you can and move them as fast as you can - they may soon make it around the country...then again maybe not! We haven't seen one up this way. Try ordering 24 boxes, your source may have a pallet sitting there just waiting for you to make some serious cash from a cash cow for a few hours work

Maine_Jim

Codes

Bronze Member
Feb 28, 2007
United States
Detector(s) used
White's M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on your find and sale! I've been trying to get some boxes but no luck. But I must say this 2009 Penny box movement is classic. Seriously, who would pay $200+ for $9.97 (melt value) worth of pennies??

Shake-N-Bake

Dec 5, 2007
Codes said:
Congrats on your find and sale! I've been trying to get some boxes but no luck. But I must say this 2009 Penny box movement is classic. Seriously, who would pay $200+ for $9.97 (melt value) worth of pennies??

It has nothing to do with melt value, its all about supply and demand. You are going to see low mintages in all coins this year, Especially the pennies. You have to remember due to the bad economy less money is produced and then low mintage is diveded by four series which makes REALLY low mintage per series. These coins are going to be considered KEY date coins in the future. Also the mint is already done making the Peurto Rico quarter and released the mintage as being the lowest in 40+ years making that a KEY date coin.
Sell all you can now for a quick profit and then hoard all you can for great return on your investment in the future.

Happy Hunting,
Jason

nyiangelo

Feb 19, 2007
The Lone Star State
Detector(s) used
ace 250/ Minelab SE Pro
I wish I could get my hands on some pennies. I'v been able to get both the DC and Puerto Rico quarters. Sold about $900 face for $1450..... ;D ...Once again thanks Shake-N-Bake

Shake-N-Bake

Dec 5, 2007
nyiangelo said:
I wish I could get my hands on some pennies. I'v been able to get both the DC and Puerto Rico quarters. Sold about $900 face for $1450..... ;D ...Once again thanks Shake-N-Bake

You are very welcome. I am glad I gave some good information that you were able to use to make a profit. Keep up the good work.

Now with that profit you can buy the 2 boxes of 2009 pennies I have on my office floor ;D

Thanks,
Jason

Shake-N-Bake

Dec 5, 2007
Scalper said:
congrats on those pennnies I asked every bank that I came to alot of them 4 hours away lol, grab the $$$$ while u can , Ed

Gotta be tough to get US pennies in Brazil. LOL!!!! :tongue3:

Jason

Codes

Bronze Member
Feb 28, 2007
United States
Detector(s) used
White's M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Shake-N-Bake said:
Codes said:

It has nothing to do with melt value, its all about supply and demand.

I understand its not about the melt value, but in the end that's all they really are. Just Zincolns that that will most likely corrode in a few years anyway, especially if they aren't stored properly.

-Codes

treasuredog

Oct 21, 2004
Leetonia Ohio
Detector(s) used
minelab xterra 70,whites xlt,minelab quattro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Banks around here(in ohio) said they arent ordering any. Im going to wait and see what happens, Im not paying a premium for a penny!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread