CRH at Coin Show

STDevil

Jun 12, 2008
Spent the afternoon with the little guy drooling over coins at a coin show in Tukwila, WA. They had a TON of vendors (who were happy to sell me a few goodies for my collection of course), and they even had a "treasure hunt" for the kids. Basically, you find special booths (there were 12), and the exhibitors gave the kids a special coin. One of the booths handed out 90% Rosies! The other 11 booths had great stuff also, and the little guy is thrilled about his new collection.

All of the kids there were very well behaved - gives me some hope for the future.

All this for only $2 admission!

Upvote 0

alabamadan

May 2, 2005
Dixie
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Sounds like fun. It was a local coin show that I got my son and daughter hooked on coin collecting at this Winter. In fact they rekindled my interest in collecting and CRH, which you guys have let blossom into an addiction for me. But it's funny, I was talking to my mom who said that back in the 1970s she and my dad would cash their paychecks in coins to do the same thing we're doing! She did say that back then they pulled lots of interesting things out, but didn't keep all the silver. She said it would have been too much. They just kept IH pennies, Barber this and that, SLQs, etc... She said they kept no Jeffersons, Washington Quarters, Rosie dimes, Kennedy halves, etc. ::)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread