Detector(s) used
GARRETT GTAx 550
Upvote 0

alabamadan

May 2, 2005
Dixie
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Nope not worth it at all. I'd stick with pennies! :icon_jokercolor: You've just gotta build a relationship and ask the head teller.

coolpix9

Bronze Member
Jan 17, 2007
Primary Interest:
Other
I will try to shed some light on your question.
Halves come sealed in $500 boxes. Bags are handled by a few banks. If the bank has a coin counter/coin sorter they will send their full$1000 bags back to the fed. I have been successful at sweet talking some vault tellers into selling me their bags before shipping them off.
Your best bet is to go to your bank where you have an account and ask the(Vault Teller) if they can will order you a box or two. It is extremely important that you tell them you will not bring the halves back to their bank. Cheers, Jim

alabamadan

May 2, 2005
Dixie
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
coolpix9 said:
I will try to shed some light on your question.
Halves come sealed in $500 boxes. Bags are handled by a few banks. If the bank has a coin counter/coin sorter they will send their full$1000 bags back to the fed. I have been successful at sweet talking some vault tellers into selling me their bags before shipping them off.
Your best bet is to go to your bank where you have an account and ask the(Vault Teller) if they can will order you a box or two. It is extremely important that you tell them you will not bring the halves back to their bank. Cheers, Jim

Yeah one of the guys at my main supply bank knows what I'm doing (searching for dates for my folders of course) and asked where I was carrying all these halves. I said "I promise never here!" ;D He does however want me to dump a few hundred Ikes on him.

OmegaMan

Dec 9, 2007
Do a little research on the Banks and find a bank that will order without charging and then find another
Bank to take them without charging a fee. Halves sometimes get hard to dump.

The trick is to do this with as little money out of your pocket as possible.

Good luck and have fun.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread