Small town banks

Cherryman68

Feb 19, 2009
Henderson Tx
Detector(s) used
Whites IV
I have had a lot of luck at both. Big towns have more people turning them in. Small towns have less demand so it's always worth it to hit any bank. On small towns the trick is finding the vault teller and asking him/her if there are any Haves in the vault. That's where the good hoards of silver come from. I love hearing "oh man these have been back there forever! Thanks so much for getting taking them!"

It's all luck my friend. Scored the biggest one day total today at one new bank in a big city. Also got two full rolls of Walkers from a small town so you just never know.

Yinzi50

Bronze Member
Sep 14, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One problem of small town banks is that the teller knows every customer by name. Once you walk in, she/he immediately knows that you are not a customer!! Sometimes you can't buy the coins.

Cherryman68

Feb 19, 2009
Henderson Tx
Detector(s) used
Whites IV
Yinzi50 said:
One problem of small town banks is that the teller knows every customer by name. Once you walk in, she/he immediately knows that you are not a customer!! Sometimes you can't buy the coins.

Yeah I hate that! That's why I always smile and if all else fails carry a cute baby in with you (Pokes picture). It distracts them. Also helps to teach said baby to say "haf doolar." I think you can find them on eBay but the upkeep may not be worth the price :P

Michael

Yinzi50

Bronze Member
Sep 14, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cherryman68 said:
Yinzi50 said:

Yeah I hate that! That's why I always smile and if all else fails carry a cute baby in with you (Pokes picture). It distracts them. Also helps to teach said baby to say "haf doolar." I think you can find them on eBay but the upkeep may not be worth the price :P

Michael

"A cute baby". That's a good one. :thumbsup:

I did once dress up in my best suit and drove through many small towns. It made a difference!

alabamadan

May 2, 2005
Dixie
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
During Spring Break I took my 7 year old son with me and except for one bank things went well. As far as around here, I've walked into so many of the little banks I think tellers perceive me as a customer.

Cherryman68

Feb 19, 2009
Henderson Tx
Detector(s) used
Whites IV
Yinzi50 said:
Cherryman68 said:
Yinzi50 said:

Michael

What you tring to say about my daughter :O

j/k :P

"A cute baby". That's a good one. :thumbsup:

I did once dress up in my best suit and drove through many small towns. It made a difference!

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 2, minelab sovereign xs 2a pro
Yes it pays. Follow the road less traveled and you will find silver just do your research. Take maps. Big cities can produce but they are more congested and easy to get lost in. This kills time and it is important to hit as many banks as quick as possible.

Golden Silver

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread