New Supply --- New Silver

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
I've finally lined up a new supply bank. As some might know, I search $8000/wk. Recently, my supply bank was getting boxes stamped a week earlier than the delivery date. I exhausted the silver for the area. Knowing the carriers districts, I searched for a new supplier in a different district. It has taken the better part of 2 weeks to line up this source. In the meantime, I've had 30 boxes of cents to keep busy.

Well, I only ordered 2 boxes to test the waters. The head teller asked when I wanted more. I told her that I would call her. Half an hour later, I'm standing in front of her asking for $8000 this coming Monday. She said she could accommodate whatever I want based on my account balances. She'll accept an order 3 times per week. If the 8K turn out equally well, I might opt for 8K on Monday and 8K on Friday.

For the 2 boxes, I had a lady peeking at me at the end of a roll. Benjamin ringing his bell. Kennedy shining bright with 90% silver, and bunches of 40%'ers. First roll, there was a 92 proof. And towards the end of the second box out rolled an '87 P. Heck, even scored a damn magician's coin. I only wish I knew how to open them.

Upvote 0

HolyDiver

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2008
PA
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is nice to know how some banks accommodate their members without any trouble compared to some other banks that throw a fit over the smallest things. :thumbsup:

jonhls

Nov 10, 2006
put the magicians coin in an empty water glass and shake vigorusly from side to side....

OP
OP
Diver_Down

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
golden silver said:
So what is the final tally?

Golden Silver

Not a large haul, but based on the previous months skunks, it was encouraging. With such a small sample (2 boxes), it was a nice variety.

1946 Walking Liberty
1963D Ben Franklin
1964 Kennedy (crisp mint state; kids probably just popped it out of dad's book)
1976S
8 67's
3 68's
2 69's
1992S proof
1987P (AU grade; Again, dad is pissed at the kid's)
2002 and 2005 NIFC
and the damn magician's coin.

Quix Ten

Dec 30, 2006
Detector(s) used
White's DFX
Regarding the magician's coin (probably the Scotch-and-Soda variety), here's how you "open" or de-nest it without a specialized piece of equipment called a "bang-ring":

Put the coin in a drinking glass. A highball works great, but just about any glass will do. Put your hand over the mouth of the glass and shake it so the coin rattles around. After a few shakes it should come apart without any problem.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions