Received my BABY today!

Shake-N-Bake

Dec 5, 2007
Hello All,
This has been a long time coming. I finally got a Ryedale Machine. I ran through a box and then hand sorted it to check for accuracy, it was dead on!

I then followed through with another 35 boxes. I figured I would start out slow :wink: Tonight I plan on running through another 20 boxes. Tomorrow I have an order to pick up for 50 boxes and another 50 box order on Thursday. So this week I will be putting through 155 boxes (387,500 coins) :thumbsup:

Well I thinnk this week I should hit my 10,000 Wheat goal!!!!

One thing that suprized me is the size of the machine very tiny and about 4 lbs.

I will keep you posted.

Attachments

• Ryedale.jpg
    Ryedale.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 440
Upvote 0

HolyDiver

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2008
PA
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice machine SNB! Get to work!

TxTim

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2007
Texas
Detector(s) used
DFX & SE
Great!!
Looks like a speed knob on there?
My machine doesn't have one.
Keep her clean!

jrf30

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
CO, AZ
Detector(s) used
dfx, Ryedale!
Don't run 350,000 coins without a cleaning. Clean it about every 200,000 coins. That stops it from jamming on you. it is easy to clean, but important to do.

Don't take ALL the copper and wheat pennies in the WORLD and take them away from us. LOL. I can hear the sucking sound of wheats getting taken from circulation even from here! My yields are about to go down ....

OP
OP
Shake-N-Bake

Shake-N-Bake

Dec 5, 2007
TXTim said:
Great!!
Looks like a speed knob on there?
My machine doesn't have one.
Keep her clean!
Yes that is a speed knob. Not sure when the actual production date was. I bought this one used.

AND I WOULD LIKE TO THANK CYBERDAN FOR THE CHANCE TO GET A GREAT MACHINE AND A VERY SMOOTH TRANSACTION!!!

THANKS DAN!!! :thumbsup:

jrf30 said:
Don't run 350,000 coins without a cleaning. Clean it about every 200,000 coins. That stops it from jamming on you. it is easy to clean, but important to do.

Don't take ALL the copper and wheat pennies in the WORLD and take them away from us. LOL. I can hear the sucking sound of wheats getting taken from circulation even from here! My yields are about to go down ....
Thanks for the heads up when to clean it wasnt sure what would be a good number for it be to clean. I figured at the end of each day.

I will also save you A wheat penny! Maybe two if you are a good boy :tongue3: But the other couple of hundred thousands are mine, ALL MINE LOL!!!!

Happy Hunting, time to get back to work!

Jason

jrf30

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
CO, AZ
Detector(s) used
dfx, Ryedale!
hey Jason,

IM me your fax. I have two reports on cleaning the machine (Both from Andy at Ryedale) that are VERY good to have. I'll fax them to you. One tells you step by step how to clean it, and the other talks about the "Spring and Pawl" assembly, which kicks the pennies out and needs cleaned once in a while too.

Both are good reports to have. So kick me your fax and I'll send them over. :-)

John

Goes4ever

Silver Member
Jan 30, 2008
NorthWest Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Equinox 600, and Tesorso compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
so are you going to separate out the copper, then hand sort thru them for wheats? what about possible indians? would they go into the copper side or zinc?

OP
OP
Shake-N-Bake

Shake-N-Bake

Dec 5, 2007
Goes4ever said:
so are you going to separate out the copper, then hand sort thru them for wheats? what about possible indians? would they go into the copper side or zinc?

Yes I am going to still hand sort the copper for wheats. And yes early wheats and indian heads will go to the zinc pile, that is why when the machine is working you watch the reject bin and chute for those kickouts. They are really easy to spot in a pile of zincs. I figure I may miss 5%, but with the increased in searching I dont think it will effect my totals to much.

I am doing a box in 7 minutes, beats the 35 to 40 minutes hand sorting. Of course these were already open in a jug. Kids love ripping open the wrappers so it works out great!!!

Happy Hunting,
Jason

thurmownator

Bronze Member
Dec 25, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
Kudos on the new toy....and enjoy !

Regarding cent composition, since 1865 (until 1982) aren't the only cents not 95% copper the ones from '43 (steel with a zinc coating) and '44 & '45 (bronze) ?

So it's only those ('43 - '45) pre-'82s you're going to (realistically) find in the zinc side of the sorter. Sure you can find some from earlier than 1865, which is why I prefaced my statement with realistically. 8)

OP
OP
Shake-N-Bake

Shake-N-Bake

Dec 5, 2007
thurmownator said:
Kudos on the new toy....and enjoy !

Regarding cent composition, since 1865 (until 1982) aren't the only cents not 95% copper the ones from '43 (steel with a zinc coating) and '44 & '45 (bronze) ?

So it's only those ('43 - '45) pre-'82s you're going to (realistically) find in the zinc side of the sorter. Sure you can find some from earlier than 1865, which is why I prefaced my statement with realistically. 8)

Well from my experience so far(about 350,000 coins). Most pre 1943 cents will go into the zinc pile. the composition is a little different from the new copper dated 1944 to 1982. Not sure why it does it but I am cosistantly finding pre 1943's in the zinc pile and the est of the wheats in the copper pile.

Jason

FingerGrime

Mar 3, 2009
Kentucky
Don't they just sort by weight? In this case the only ones that go into the zinc pile should be the steel pennies (2.7 grams) and the zinc ('82 and after pennies at 2.5 grams). The coppers all weight 3.11 grams except for the flying eagles and early indians (up until 1864 weighed 4.67 grams) after that the indians also weighted 3.11 grams.

My guess is that the older coins are just really worn, possibly enough to reduce their weight by a few tenths of a gram, making the machine think they are zincs.

coolpix9

Bronze Member
Jan 17, 2007
Primary Interest:
Other
Jason, how about we just send you the boxes. You do the searching for us and send us what you find. It seems very fair to me. I am still finding pennies that got away from me when I had my Ryedale. I found out the machine had a hypnotic effect on me. It would start running and I was out like a light. Cheers, Jim

OP
OP
Shake-N-Bake

Shake-N-Bake

Dec 5, 2007
FingerGrime said:
Don't they just sort by weight? In this case the only ones that go into the zinc pile should be the steel pennies (2.7 grams) and the zinc ('82 and after pennies at 2.5 grams). The coppers all weight 3.11 grams except for the flying eagles and early indians (up until 1864 weighed 4.67 grams) after that the indians also weighted 3.11 grams.

My guess is that the older coins are just really worn, possibly enough to reduce their weight by a few tenths of a gram, making the machine think they are zincs.

No it doesnt sort by weight, it uses electromatic currency, just like a metal detector can tell you what metal is in the ground before you dig it up.

Jason

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread