Lost tha thrill?

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
Lost tha' thrill?

After two weeks of CRHing sobriety, I decided to get some Brinks boxes. Out of three boxes total I found 3- 90% Kennedy and 15- 40% Kennedy. Each box had at least one keeper.

But I did not enjoy it like before. The last two weeks were great for me in my business. I brought in enough new business that I was able to afford a couple of gold coins for the stash. Also, it was nice not thinking everyday about what banks I was going to call or stop by.

I will still get a couple of boxes here and there like I did today, but I am gonna go another couple of weeks without getting boxes. My 30 bucks or so profit from today does not really seem worth it now that I have to make 2 dump bank stops tomorrow (plus the time it took to get the boxes and search them).

At least I know there is still some silver out there and Brinks is not culling here.

Jim

Upvote 0

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Nov 27, 2008
Re: Lost tha' thrill?

Good score ! Imagine if one could search gold dollar boxes and find a few REAL gold keepers. That would put the wind back in your sails.
Mine too.

Scalper

Bronze Member
Jul 18, 2006
Curitiba, Brazil

LOL Jim , I lost count on how many times u retired :wink: , glad to hear that u scored some keepers .... your biz picking up now there is some super news glad to hear it , Ed

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other

Good to hear about the business Jim. The crh thrill is gone for me at the moment, I can't even stomach the thought of cold-calling banks right now. Have'nt done that in MONTHS. Boxes are a waste of time here, unless I want dimes, UGH! Did manage to score over 100 dimes in 3 months, the thrill is gone and I realize it's cheaper and easier to just buy the silver, although not as fun.
Now my passion is metal detecting, I hunt every chance I get, and it's so much more fun and I'm killing the old coinage and silver.
Good luck in the future.

FFD

maine_Jim

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2008
Detector(s) used
Ace 350

I'm with you on boxes - cut my orders in half this week and just finished four skunk boxes today. Think I'm down to road trips and will cancel the boxes in a couple weeks if the skunks keep coming in. I did pull over $120 in silver from the trips lately but only one area seems to be worth it lately as the competition is pretty heavy up here.

Maine_Jim

OP
OP
J

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008

Thanks for the kind words re: the business. With this economy, it is great to be getting ahead a little bit.

Off topic a bit, but I am close to being complete on my gold and silver stash with respect to my "portfolio" (all I have is gold and silver so not really a "portfolio" LOL!). I am thinking of getting into Natural Gas via UNG (an ETF that trades Natural Gas futures) so as to diversify and maybe get a nice gain this year while waiting for PMs to grow.

The price of Nat Gas is low and I think (and hope) going lower for the near future. I would like to get into UNG if it drops more.

Any thoughts?

Check out the year chart for this. Pretty amazing. People gotta have natural gas so I don't think it is going to zero??
http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=Ung

Jim

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 2, minelab sovereign xs 2a pro

We are loosing some of the old CRH Vets now. What is this world coming to. Jim I sensed you had lost the fire a few months ago just from your posts. But if it is no longer fun for you it is time to hang up your hat. Stop by and give us a shout now and then. Will miss you bud.

Golden Silver

phrostie

Dec 3, 2008
Nap Town

here comes me in with hopes to revive your spirits...

At least in my general area, the banks had been dry for months as competition seemed to be heating up. Every bank I stopped at had no rolls. Maybe it's just coincidence or luck, but at 4 seperate banks I've had scores (well one was my brother in law, but the same general vicinity). 2 occasions were solid silver rolls, another produced 17 in $60 rolled and another had 10 in $60 rolled. now maybe it was just luck...but don't be afraid to return to the well of silver!

~Phrostie

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread