MVC-005S.JPG
    38.6 KB · Views: 560
Upvote 0

BBcardsRI

Bronze Member
May 29, 2008
Rhode Island
Very cool. =)

I was thinking of buying the cheap one... well... relative to the other ones... it's still darn expensive!

But I think I am going to try to build my own. Already ordered a couple parts for it, and my dad has a metal/welding shop, so it should be a fun little project. =) The wiring is going to be the trickiest part... =(

I hope your machine brings you many a wheat! and even an indian or two! =)

~Dave

OmegaMan

Dec 9, 2007
I'm jealous. I need to get one someday.
I hope it brings you lots of treasures. Enjoy. :thumbsup:

TxTim

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2007
Texas
Detector(s) used
DFX & SE
Welcome to the club!
My apprentice is approaching the 3 mil mark and still ticking like a Timex!

Seagates

Feb 7, 2009
I need to start manufacturing my own "ryedale" type machine, that man is making a killing.

Jack_MIghtyheart

Aug 5, 2008
NJ
Detector(s) used
Tracker IV and Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
I am very jealous! As the silver starts to dry up, more and more people will move to copper, and a ryedale is the best thing you can have to get copper!

OP
OP
silvercop

silvercop

Silver Member
Dec 30, 2008
VALLEY ALABAMA
Detector(s) used
GARRETT GTA 500
that is why i bought mine. the silver in my area is drying up fast and i am going to do copper for a while.

jrf30

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
CO, AZ
Detector(s) used
dfx, Ryedale!
I see that Andy changed the machine a little since I bought mine.

On mine, the hopper (Coin feed) is recessed into the machine. ON yours, I see he has lifted it up and out of the box itslef, more like a conning tower.

That is nice. It means when you clean it you don' thave to take it apart as much as I do.

I love my machine. I haven't used it as much as TxTim, or probably as much as SnB now (After a week! LOL That man is amazing!) but I'm getting real close to the 1MM point. I think I am over 1MM actually, but my counter was stuck for about 100,000 coins. It stuck between two numbers and just dind't go up. I tapped it but nothing. FInally, one day it clicked and started moving again.

You'll love it though. Although space can be an issue. I have a few tons of copper pennies in my garage, and the stack of $25 penny boxes is growing all the time. I'm not going ot sell until this economic slump is over and copper goes back up. Then I'll put them on ebay or sell them locally. I was seeing $130 for a $50 bag of copper last year, so I"m not excited about selling for $75 or so now. I"ll wait.

Good luck to you. YOU'll love it too.

Ryedale

Feb 3, 2007
Kalamazoo MI
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
jrf30 said:
I see that Andy changed the machine a little since I bought mine.

On mine, the hopper (Coin feed) is recessed into the machine. ON yours, I see he has lifted it up and out of the box itslef, more like a conning tower.

That is nice. It means when you clean it you don' thave to take it apart as much as I do.Good luck to you. YOU'll love it too.

jrf30,
The Coin Artist is the same as original, however this picture has the hopper extension on top of the main coin cup. Same as the Appretice, without the sheet metal enclosure. After the remaining batch of Coin Artist metal boxes are gone, About 8 left, I will discontinue that model, and go to just the Apprentice model.

Thanks for all the nice comments on the board to users of the machine.
Andy

da1984

Apr 3, 2009
Just wondering if there is any of these type of machines that will handle halves?

kestrelia

May 9, 2007
That seems like a really low number of Wheats to find in $1000. Is that normal for your area?

B

jrf30

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
CO, AZ
Detector(s) used
dfx, Ryedale!
In AZ I'm averaging about 5.7 wheats per box now (Down a little from my 6.3 average last year)

OP
OP
silvercop

silvercop

Silver Member
Dec 30, 2008
VALLEY ALABAMA
Detector(s) used
GARRETT GTA 500
my dump bank sells me the penny bags from their coin counting machine. seem to get more wheats with the bags since many people have penny jars that sit around for long periods of time before they bring them in to dump. they are also already loose and out of the rolls.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread