What banks order from the fed

boxerchip

Tenderfoot
May 3, 2009
Im not sure if this changes bank to bank or area to area, but in your experience what banks order from the fed?
Brinks may or may not search their coins but ill tell you what, ive never found more than one coin a roll in a brinks box, and never more than 2 coins in a box. ive had fed boxes with 11 coins a roll, and 4 rolls a box so im not interested in brinks... only fed.

I know Bank of America orders from the fed... Who else?

BBT does not, they get brinks.

Upvote 0

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ju8vP3t said:
When I inquired, my friend(teller) told me there was a company, forgot the name, that she placed the coin/currency order with, and it wasn't a courier company,(it was a vault company) ...then the courier company would deliver, so it led me to believe that the banks don't call up the courier company to order, the courier company just delivers, and this would make sense, because I marked some dumps recently and returned them to another bank that uses a different courier than the bank I use to order with, and I got back some of my dump coins, so that meant that 2 different courier companies were involved, and I still got back some of my dump coins... :icon_scratch:
What everyone also needs to remember is supply is got in many ways. Let's say Brinks is the largest courier in an area. they not only supply the banks, but also pick up coin from banks. They keep these for filling their next orders. they only need to get more coinage from the reserve if they don't have enough to roll and fill orders. If they have plenty coming in from the banks, the only silver you see will be what is turned in by the public. If enough people order coins then the reserve may send out a fresh supply of silver that has been just sitting in the vaults for years! That's one reason I believe it is smart to leave halves as tips or to make small purchases. Alot of these will stay at home as someones "collection" and not returned to the banks. Just think of all of the silver sitting in a vault somewhere just waiting to be ordered!

jrf30

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
CO, AZ
Detector(s) used
dfx, Ryedale!
<<"According to Federal Reserve sources, over 20 billion coins valued at well over $2 billion pass through their coin processing units each year."
>>

And that's just for Jason's dumps off his pennies, now that he has a Ryedale! LOLOL.

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
jrf30 said:
<<"According to Federal Reserve sources, over 20 billion coins valued at well over $2 billion pass through their coin processing units each year."
>>

And that's just for Jason's dumps off his pennies, now that he has a Ryedale! LOLOL.
LOL!!!! :thumbsup:

markmopar

Feb 15, 2008
southern NJ/southeast VA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
boxerchip said:
If that is the case then brinks is pulling from the same fed branch as the other companies.... and there would be silver in brinks, but there is none! so either these companies have massive stock rooms and the BOA ones are much older, or brinks searches coins.

Brinks boxes here produce. Usually only a couple 40% halves but in the last 6 months I have had as many as 40 in a box(once).

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread