well ... tell us about the New ryedale!

jrf30

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
CO, AZ
Detector(s) used
dfx, Ryedale!
There's two new Ryedale users here from this week. SnB and S.C.. So, how did the weekend go? Did you get lots of wheats? Any IHs? What do you think, now that you've had a little time to use your new machines? :-)

We're all waiting.

And you know what. I did 20 boxes of pennies myself this week. I think it was just being inspired by you guys getting your machines and all that. I've been slacking off and doing about 5 boxes a week lately, but got 20 done this week. Wiped out my stash of boxes waiting to be worked. Now I need to order more. I have 10 at a Wells Fargo coming Wednesday, but need a lot more. I keep about 20 - 40 around most of the time, just because I am that far behind in working them. But I worked 12 last week and 20 this week, and replaced none with new boxes, so I'm out. Nothing to do tonight. :-(

Let us know how you guys did!! :-)

Upvote 0

Shake-N-Bake

Dec 5, 2007
Well,
I have been definetely keeping my machine running on a full time basis. This past weekend I did 60 boxes. :thumbsup: The copper count was OK but the wheats count was real good, actually above average.

Out of the 60 boxes I scored 1,261 Wheats and 2 Indian Heads 1901 and a 1898?(pretty corroded)

I plan on searching about 90 boxes of cents this week.

All I have to say is I love this machine. Looks are very deceiving, when I pulled it out of the box and saw the size and felt the weight if it I was dissapointed, but that was all changed after sending 350,000 coins thru it in four days, followed by another 150,000 this weekend. These Ryedale machines are work horses.

Have a great day! I know I will with that "TICK, TICK, TICK" sound coming from the machine.
Jason

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
Found this article about penny searching and Ryedale machine is mentioned.

At least with pennies you know you will always find some keepers. Now that I am getting over my addiction to half dollars, I better not let myself ever buy a Ryedale or I will really be CRHing non-stop like Shake n BAke.

PS I gotta 1000 machine bag of halves waiting for me today. I hope it pans out. ;D

http://www.goldwhy.com/why-buy-25-dollar-boxes-of-copper-pennies.html

Jim

silvercop

Silver Member
Dec 30, 2008
VALLEY ALABAMA
Detector(s) used
GARRETT GTA 500
i really like my machine. i got the coin artist. i ran 22 bags of pennies this weekend and got 700+ wheats. it is really fun and a welcome distraction from silver hunting lately since the silver has almost dried up around here.

silvercop

Silver Member
Dec 30, 2008
VALLEY ALABAMA
Detector(s) used
GARRETT GTA 500
i got a peeny jar from a friend last night and ran it through.....got about 12.00 more of copper and 17 wheats. i have found though that the machine does not like pocket lint, bits of paper, etc. i have ran into several jams. anyone else have a problem with the machine jamming up? any suggestions?

OP
OP
jrf30

jrf30

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
CO, AZ
Detector(s) used
dfx, Ryedale!
It jams on paper, and also crusted pennies. It also jams when it gets dirty, as the pennies slow down on the chute and one catches the other. You need to clean it about every 200,000 coins. Then it works better. I also wipe the chute only about every 100,000 coins. But I clean the insides and the hopper every 200,000.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread