Im retiring from CRHing

BeerBelly

May 6, 2008
Nevada
I'm retiring from CRHing

I went to wells fargo today to dump a box of halves. The teller informed me there would be a 7.50 charge. (I have an account there, also paid off a mortgage with them a few years ago) I said never mind, and took my halves and left. This bank is within walking distance of my house, and was a no hassle dump place for about a year. I knew it was comming, but it's time for me to retire. I'm going back to school this summer, gonna get a AS and a vocational certificate to work my way through a BS in either engineering or some sort of biology, not sure what quite yet. At any rate, I'm done CRHing, I had a blast, it was a lot of fun. It was a cheap hobby that kept me occupied while I have been unemployed. I found around 150 silvers all together (about 80% were 40's), kept around 50 NIFC's and a whole roll of rewraped 2005's. All in all a very small treasure pile, but I'm gonna save them and either sell em when their worth millions ;) (notice the plural) or give em to my kids when I pass on. I'll still check the forums every once in a while, maybe even do a roadtrip or 2 here and there, but no more boxes for me.

Upvote 0

BBcardsRI

Bronze Member
May 29, 2008
Rhode Island
Re: I'm retiring from CRHing

Sorry to hear that you got hit the with F word, and that it is going to kill the hobby for you.

Hope you stick around and give up updates and the like, and I'm glad you at least got a nice stash of coins and silver out of the hobby while you could.

Take care, and good luck with the school situation.

~Dave

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 2, minelab sovereign xs 2a pro

I don't believe it BB. You will be back my friend. You still will be checking your change and checkin in on us and before you know it this addiction will rear it ugly head again. Take care bud.

Golden Silver

SilverStrike82

Apr 27, 2009
Fresno, CA

That is such a bummer!! Sad to see a fellow CRH step away from the hunt. I am also just waiting for the day my bank tells me the same thing....but I've just set up an account with a different bank that has a coin machine (no fees) to dump all my coins in.
Congrats on school....I'm going back too, nothing against bettering yourself.
And who is to say that you wont go back to CRH one day?? ;D

Good luck!

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008

If you are as addicted as many (like me), your retirement will probably be partial or temporary.

I have cut down on ordering boxes, but still manage a few here and there. Maybe you can find a better bank.

Good luck either way.

Jim

Goes4ever

Silver Member
Jan 30, 2008
NorthWest Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Equinox 600, and Tesorso compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

wells fargo is a horrible bank to deal with, I have never dealt with a worse bank and I have accounts and 7 different banks. They have horrible customer service, tellers are rude, they tried to charge me a fee per box to order, and I had quite a large sum of cash in their bank. I canceled every account, cashed all CD's and went to a bank who appreciated their customers, and treat me with a smile

maine_Jim

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2008
Detector(s) used
Ace 350

Yup - I agree - dump the bank and take the summer off :thumbsup: . Maybe the silver will return after a break. Go hit the yard sales! I've never had much luck at them for silver but seems quite a few do. I've picked up a large coin collections through Craig's List that had a lot of junk silver along with some great coins. This can be a lot of fun too and get some good deals...not as good as getting silver at face though.

Maine_Jim

fiddycent

Oct 23, 2008

i know where you're coming from. in early april my dump bank hit me with a $3.00/box dump fee...and i too started to quit but i'm finding too much bling to quit now. as of friday may 8th, i've pulled 207.3 ounces of silver (this is since jan. '09) which includes some really nice collectibles so...i decided to absorb the fee and keep pulling silver.

when i'm finished running through this silver vein that i'm into right now i'm going to take a hiatus from the hunt for a while. it's been fun and it's been profitable but i can't see paying three bucks a box to dump when the silver just ain't there.

STDevil

Jun 12, 2008

I have not had any problems with Wells Fargo. Even though I openly dump a few thousand worth of halves every month, they quietly tolerate it. Normally, they have to send the halves off to a facility to be counted (which delays my deposit by about 2 weeks), but recently, the branch manager called me to say that he'd be willing to credit my account immediately if I needed the money right away. I said no problem, take as long as you need.

Wells Fargo, B of A, and US Bank have never treated me badly despite my annoying CRH Habits.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread