what to do... *UPDATE* ...what I ended up doing

phrostie

Dec 3, 2008
Nap Town
**I DECIDED AGAINST GETTING THE BOXES BECAUSE EVENTHOUGH I COULD'VE EASILY GOTTEN THEM WITH THE VAULT TELLER GONE, I FOUND OUT THEY WERE MY BROTHER IN LAW'S BOXES!!! SO INEVITABLY I WILL BE ABLE TO FIND OUT WHAT ARE IN THOSE BOXES ANYWAY!**

So yesterday I go to my good pickup bank and pick up CWI boxes. There has been another gentleman who has began ordering boxes from the same bank...probably started nearly a month ago. He has bumped up his ordering to 1k.

Now, at this bank I have a stellar relationship with the vault teller...I'll go in and shoot the Shia with her, ask her about her fam, etc. Well of yesterdays boxes (CWI dated 7 AUG 07), the first box yielded 1 40%. The other box had been taped shut on the end...she said the deliverer had dropped the boxes and she put the rolls back in. Now I'm not sure how many fell out, but I start rolling through the second box and get to a roll that has 2 90%s...a 64 and a BF. Those were the only two in there in the same roll. So I sit here and wonder...has that ever happened to anyone else? 2 90s in the same roll and the rest of the box a skunkaroo. I also ponder...what's in the other boxes??

Now here's the dilemma, the main vault teller is heading out of town today and I know the older gentleman has not picked up those boxes. The vault teller specifically told me I couldn't have his boxes...but I'm wondering what's in them. I mean if I got 2 90s in a roll...and that's it, I'd be betting that he's gonna get a good box. I know it's bad karma and I don't want any trouble with this bank, but it'd be great to swoop in this afternoon and pick em up before this other guy gets there.

Thoughts, concerns? I know we've all had boxes stolen before, and the feeling isn't great, but there's that feeling. Maybe I can buy them and take em back rerolled, setting a skunk trap up? I'm really being mean now I better just go. I don't expect any stellar comments from this, just idea gathering!

Upvote 0

cheese

Silver Member
Jan 9, 2005
South Georgia
Re: what to do...

The OP wanted feedback from forum members. If you don't like some of it, why do you have to object to it?? It's not your thread. That's the whole fun and point of the open forums...you get a wide spectrum of views pertaining to the subject at hand. If you don't believe in (insert whatever here), then preaching about how silly (insert same whatever here) is; is just pushing your agenda... What's the difference? The person who quoted scripture isn't pushing their agenda on you...they are giving their perspective to the OP, which is what the OP asked for. By making a scene about it, you are the one turning it into a religious issue. You can't scream about it every time God turns up...the country is founded on religion and it permeates our society. Learn to live with it if not believe, or be miserable complaining about it every time you see it. Don't take me wrong here...I'm not trying to cause an argument. Believer or not, I'd hunt with you or anyone here.

As far as the original question, I think I'd keep everything on the up & up with the teller and the "other guy" to keep my good standings, avoid problems, and have a clean conscience.

Seagates

Feb 7, 2009

The OP wanted feedback from forum members. If you don't like some of it, why do you have to object to it??

I gave my opinion on the topic at hand, I objected to the quoting of scriptures because I don't think it belongs in a CRH forum.

It's not your thread.

It's not your thread either, but you are still posting off topic in it.

The person who quoted scripture isn't pushing their agenda on you...

Totally disagree, if he wasn't pushing a religious agenda on the community, he would have just said that he thinks it is a completely evil thing to do.

By making a scene about it, you are the one turning it into a religious issue.

I never made a 'scene'. Merely defended myself and position (and still am) after being attacked multiple times for my opinion on how scriptures belong in church or religious forums and not on a CRH forum.

You can't scream about it every time God turns up...the country is founded on religion and it permeates our society.

I don't scream about it every time god turns up. The country is founded on religious freedom, not religion.

Learn to live with it if not believe, or be miserable complaining about it every time you see it.

I have learned to live with it. When others force their religion onto me I will continue to happily complain.

Don't take me wrong here...I'm not trying to cause an argument.

So the purpose of your first post in the CRH forum wasn't to cause an argument? The only thing on your agenda was just to tell the OP what you thought?

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too

seagates without a god --(good) or *the devil (evil)--- the ideal "setting up another person for a skunk box is a is a "evil " thing to do" --- so devil and evil are linked ---except the d they are spelled the same --as is god and good (add an o) ---- without god (good) how can one judge good vs evil -- since who is to care ? without god its one life thats it ---so do as you please --- with no god --there is only this one time around -- so do what you want ,whenever you want ,to whomever you want ---rob, rape, steal, kill --- since there is no after life or "long term" punishment

if there is NO GOD -- who made you the judge to say whats "evil" or not evil == since the world would then bebased on do as you please during your life time.the ideal of good vs evil would be moot ---- the very ideal of good / evil needs a most good (god) / most evil (devil)- to be valid .

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 2, minelab sovereign xs 2a pro

Hey Dandow,

It can happen just ask LJ. She once told us the story of how she got a box with a silver showing on the end of the roll and thought "this is going to be a good box." As it turned out it was the only one in the box. These boxes are random and you can never tell what you find. 2 90% is not bad that is the equivalent to roughly 5 40%ers. Just be happy you pulled silver and don't worry about the other guys box because it will drive you mad.

Golden Silver

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
I am a bit amazed at all the posters who think it would be morally (karmically, is that a word?) wrong for him to try to get the boxes. Sure it would be stupid because it would mess up his great relationship with his vault teller, but that is a different topic.

I see CRHing as similiar to a sport, in the sense of competing against other CRHers. They are trying to get YOUR silver, and you are trying to get THEIRS. This is not a collectic activity where we all hold hands and sing Kumbuya and share the silver. There should be some rules like in anything, such as don't steal others' coins from their possession (which would be a crime too).

But talking a bank worker into selling you other boxes they have in their bank (poaching) is not stealing. Even if they are being held for somebody else, it would be the bank's wrong to sell them to you if they promised them for somebody else. You owe no duty to the fellow CRHer in this sense. Yes it may seem a bit greedy and might make the CRHer who does not get his boxes less happy, but so is life.

If you are playing a baseball game, do you not try to strike out the batter. Well that might make him sad too. If you are competing in a particular business and you advertise, you are basically trying to take clients that might belong to a competitor (depending on your particular business).

I wonder where all these moral folks were in past postings that involved much worse behavior?

Jim

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008

ivan salis said:
seagates without a god --(good) or *the devil (evil)--- the ideal "setting up another person for a skunk box is a is a "evil " thing to do" --- so devil and evil are linked ---except the d they are spelled the same --as is god and good (add an o) ---- without god (good) how can one judge good vs evil -- since who is to care ? without god its one life thats it ---so do as you please --- with no god --there is only this one time around -- so do what you want ,whenever you want ,to whomever you want ---rob, rape, steal, kill --- since there is no after life or "long term" punishment

if there is NO GOD -- who made you the judge to say whats "evil" or not evil == since the world would then bebased on do as you please during your life time.the ideal of good vs evil would be moot ---- the very ideal of good / evil needs a most good (god) / most evil (devil)- to be valid .

I disagree with this. Equating religion with good is not a valid argument. Your theory means that all atheists are immoral and do whatever they want. I personally do not know anyone who proclaims to be an atheist (I am sure I know some but they don't admit it/talk about it), but I imagine that they formulate their "rules" about right and wrong not any worse as religious followers. I believe that generally people are good or bad in their core. There are bad religious people (priests who molest, preachers who steal money from the church, etc.) as well as bad people who are not believers. Sometimes bad people do good deeds and sometimes good people to bad deeds. But think about many people you know in your own personal life, and you will see those who are generally good and bad (not judging their souls, but their acts).

Your theory is that people only do right because they are afraid to get "caught" by God for doing wrong and thus get punished. I know some conservative religious folks like this. Their view is that you need to become a follower for "insurance" reasons, such as by saying "we don't really know if all this stuff is real, but why take a chance and be wrong".

I personally think a person does not need to follow any organized religion to believe in God. I think there is proof all around us that any person can see to prove the existence of a higher power.

Jim

Johny Hawx

Greenie
Mar 20, 2009
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505
It is quite amazing that three quotes from two different Israeli Kings could cause such a stir. As a Christian I wouldnt complain about quotes from an others religous or historical books. Tolerance is a virtue. Jim by the way I just started posting.
Ivan you hit the nail on the head.

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
If it were me I would leave the boxes. I mean how many times have we gotten a box poached. Did it not piss you off???? Now why would you do the exact same thing that you despised to someone else. That totaly negates your right to gripe and protest the next time it happens to you. As for the people who jumped all over the guy for his religious guidance I have to wonder if the same amount of lashing out would have happened if the dali lama was quoted or ghandi. I mean come on the guy was just trying to give some sound advice and instead of seeing that for what it was, the majority of y'all reemed him for it. Oh and I have to say it was not a religious issue until y'all made it so.

-Golden Silver

cheese

Silver Member
Jan 9, 2005
South Georgia
Seagates, I'm sorry you feel you have a position to defend. I am not going to engage in a senseless argument. I'll leave the CRH forum to you. I hope your next box is all silvers anyway......

ugotit22

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2007
The Dirty Shire
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, and Whites IDX Pro
all of you guys need to grow the f up

for all the jesus freaks exit stage left

for all the haters exit stage right

and for all the CRH stick around and talk about CRH

god this and god that, from my experiece the people that preach are the real nut jobs, the people that practice there religion for themselves, and not as a "look at what i am, and what a believe in", are the rulely religious people.

coinmojo

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2008
Michigan

Seagates said:
You can't scream about it every time God turns up...the country is founded on religion and it permeates our society.

I don't scream about it every time god turns up. The country is founded on religious freedom, not religion.

You might be mistaken on this one. The reason We have religious Freedom is Because our founding fathers were all Christian......

Wich the obvious conclusion one should draw is that our constitution was drawn up by men of faith and were influenced by that faith when drawing up the documents that define our constitution.... Sorta like a bible.

And buy the way we swear upon the bible.... "So help me God"

Mojo. Not a preacher nor a "Religious FREAK" .......... Udontgotit.....

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
I will have to agree with mojo on this one....he's just got the facts thatz all.

Golden Silver

Ju8vP3t

golden silver said:
Hey Dandow,

It can happen just ask LJ. She once told us the story of how she got a box with a silver showing on the end of the roll and thought "this is going to be a good box." As it turned out it was the only one in the box. These boxes are random and you can never tell what you find. 2 90% is not bad that is the equivalent to roughly 5 40%ers. Just be happy you pulled silver and don't worry about the other guys box because it will drive you mad.

Golden Silver

One of my last boxes had 2 or 3 40%er's showing,...and that was it in the whole box.... >:(

ugotit22

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2007
The Dirty Shire
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, and Whites IDX Pro

coinmojo said:
Seagates said:

You might be mistaken on this one. The reason We have religious Freedom is Because our founding fathers were all Christian......

Wich the obvious conclusion one should draw is that our constitution was drawn up by men of faith and were influenced by that faith when drawing up the documents that define our constitution.... Sorta like a bible.

Mojo. Not a preacher nor a "Religious FREAK" .......... Udontgotit.....
not sure i remember ever mentioning your ass when i said Jesus freak
so yea idogotit

coinmojo

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2008
Michigan

ugotit22 said:
not sure i remember ever mentioning your ass when i said Jesus freak
so yea idogotit

It's precisely those kind of comments that get under my skin.

Like "Your Ass"

And the term "Jesus Freak" is Derogatory. I was merely trying to point that out.

I have 5 children and I always point out things that are unacceptable and try to correct it if I can.

Your not my child and I can't controll your actions but I fell like I have a right to say something if I feel it is inappropriate.

I have never responded to any of your post in a rude manner just stated my thoughts on the subject matter.

But here I go.

I have mixed feelings about you because in the past you have some questionable behavior. Like you wanted too or did keep the $100 A teller mistakenly gave you. Not sure I remember how that all ended.

Than I remember your string of Skunks and I felt bad for you.

Than you had that great hit on those penny boxes and EVERYONE encouraged you to go get em and sell them on e Bay.

But than your tellers found out and...... I don't remember how you resolved that issue?

Than I think like a week ago you got 4 or $500 extra when turning in your dumps and you said you went back in a remedied it. Which I feel was the right thing to do.

And than there is your avatar with you flipping the bird.... Cute but inappropriate for here.

I think most enjoy your Mercury magnet posts. and it appears that you might be loveable enough to have a pretty girlfriend. But you come off as rude sometimes.

Personal attacks, Derogatory comments about religion and Crude photo's are not very becoming attributes and should be kept in check.

You don't have to be my friend and I don't have to be your Friend but I do fell this forum should at least be free of offensive or derogatory comment's. Good luck in your future adventures but please be more mindfull of the way you present yourself or use your words.

From A fellow CRH

Mojo

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
I don't know about y'all but this forum seems to not be as friendly a place as it used to be. :'( There is always a way to present your opinion in a respectful way and not get rude or disrespectful to someone. Mojo I think you responded well and in a mature way. Ugottit I think you just need to work on your tact a bit and the choice of words. There are some younger members here and even my young boy likes to hop on my lap and look at peoples finds. I don't want him seeing garbage. Just keep it clean that is all.

Golden Silver

Seagates

Feb 7, 2009

coinmojo said:
All of our founding fathers were in fact not Christians. Founding fathers who chose Deism were George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, Benjamin Franklin, Ethan Allen, James Madison, and James Monroe. As you know Deism is not the same as Theism. Franklin claimed in his own autobiography that he is a Deist. Jefferson was in fact, fiercely anti-cleric and you can find many quotes from the man rejecting Christian beliefs.

When the Founders wrote the nation's Constitution, they specified that "no religious test shall ever be required as a qualification to any office or public trust under the United States." (Article 6, section 3) This provision was radical in its day-- giving equal citizenship to believers and non-believers alike. They wanted to ensure that no single religion could make the claim of being the official, national religion, such as England had. Nowhere in the Constitution does it mention religion, except in exclusionary terms. The words "Jesus Christ, Christianity, Bible, and God" are never mentioned in the Constitution-- not once.

The Bible isn't used in most cases -- that's just stereotype perpetuated by all the court dramas on tv. When serving as an expert witness, you write an affirmation of credible and appropriate knowledge. The statement affirms ethical, credible expertice. Most of this is done in writing the "swearing in" bit is more of a television adaptation. You may say "So help me God" if you wish but it definitely isn't required.

Jack_MIghtyheart

Aug 5, 2008
NJ
Detector(s) used
Tracker IV and Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other

Seagates said:
coinmojo said:
All of our founding fathers were in fact not Christians. Founding fathers who chose Deism were George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, Benjamin Franklin, Ethan Allen, James Madison, and James Monroe. As you know Deism is not the same as Theism. Franklin claimed in his own autobiography that he is a Deist. Jefferson was in fact, fiercely anti-cleric and you can find many quotes from the man rejecting Christian beliefs.

When the Founders wrote the nation's Constitution, they specified that "no religious test shall ever be required as a qualification to any office or public trust under the United States." (Article 6, section 3) This provision was radical in its day-- giving equal citizenship to believers and non-believers alike. They wanted to ensure that no single religion could make the claim of being the official, national religion, such as England had. Nowhere in the Constitution does it mention religion, except in exclusionary terms. The words "Jesus Christ, Christianity, Bible, and God" are never mentioned in the Constitution-- not once.

The Bible isn't used in most cases -- that's just stereotype perpetuated by all the court dramas on tv. When serving as an expert witness, you write an affirmation of credible and appropriate knowledge. The statement affirms ethical, credible expertice. Most of this is done in writing the "swearing in" bit is more of a television adaptation. You may say "So help me God" if you wish but it definitely isn't required.

:thumbsup:

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008

Seagates is correct on the whole founding fathers thing.

In my jurisdiction witnesses are asked "do you swear or affirm to tell the truth......". No bible involved.

I am not offended by people posting religious quotes if they want, but I felt the need to respond to some posts herein because incorrect "factual" assertions drive me nuts. :tard:

mcgearhead said:
I can't believe what I am seeing on this post. One person quotes a few harmless bible verses, and next thing you know it's all out war !

I mean it's not that big of a deal. It's just some bible verses. I am really curious as to why someone would get so worked up from seeing scripture. In my oppinion it acually looked as though those verses struck a nerve in someone.

Oh and for the record, that do unto others thing, it ain't in the bible by the way !

My view, and I am just speculating, is that some people find having Bible quotes mentioned to them somewhat demeaning. In a sense it is like the poster saying he is better than you (holier than thou), and that you need to take heed of the verses to be a good person.

I am not saying that the poster who quoted them here is being this way. I am just speaking from my contacts in life with the type of people who like to quote scripture a lot. In my experience they are usually people who need to follow them the most based on their deeds and behavior, yet they are constantly telling everyone else that they are "sinners", etc.

Again, I am not offended by the quotes because I was raised in a Christian religion, but I can see why a person who might not be into that religion would not want to hear it, especially in a CRHer forum.

Just my 2 cents.

Jim

coinmojo

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2008
Michigan

Seagates said:
coinmojo said:

I stand Corrected.

Mojo

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread