what to do... *UPDATE* ...what I ended up doing

phrostie

Dec 3, 2008
Nap Town
**I DECIDED AGAINST GETTING THE BOXES BECAUSE EVENTHOUGH I COULD'VE EASILY GOTTEN THEM WITH THE VAULT TELLER GONE, I FOUND OUT THEY WERE MY BROTHER IN LAW'S BOXES!!! SO INEVITABLY I WILL BE ABLE TO FIND OUT WHAT ARE IN THOSE BOXES ANYWAY!**

So yesterday I go to my good pickup bank and pick up CWI boxes. There has been another gentleman who has began ordering boxes from the same bank...probably started nearly a month ago. He has bumped up his ordering to 1k.

Now, at this bank I have a stellar relationship with the vault teller...I'll go in and shoot the Shia with her, ask her about her fam, etc. Well of yesterdays boxes (CWI dated 7 AUG 07), the first box yielded 1 40%. The other box had been taped shut on the end...she said the deliverer had dropped the boxes and she put the rolls back in. Now I'm not sure how many fell out, but I start rolling through the second box and get to a roll that has 2 90%s...a 64 and a BF. Those were the only two in there in the same roll. So I sit here and wonder...has that ever happened to anyone else? 2 90s in the same roll and the rest of the box a skunkaroo. I also ponder...what's in the other boxes??

Now here's the dilemma, the main vault teller is heading out of town today and I know the older gentleman has not picked up those boxes. The vault teller specifically told me I couldn't have his boxes...but I'm wondering what's in them. I mean if I got 2 90s in a roll...and that's it, I'd be betting that he's gonna get a good box. I know it's bad karma and I don't want any trouble with this bank, but it'd be great to swoop in this afternoon and pick em up before this other guy gets there.

Thoughts, concerns? I know we've all had boxes stolen before, and the feeling isn't great, but there's that feeling. Maybe I can buy them and take em back rerolled, setting a skunk trap up? I'm really being mean now I better just go. I don't expect any stellar comments from this, just idea gathering!

Upvote 0

ugotit22

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2007
The Dirty Shire
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, and Whites IDX Pro
jb7487 said:
So I guess it is out of the question to actually get a simple CRH question answered then? ::)

no its not out of the question

the idea is, although you are somewhat right , is that the boxs are random, lets say one back is loaded with silver. in theory the next one coming out of that batch we most likel;y have silver, until all the silver in that hopper is fished depositing in the boxs. So some, like myself, feel that your other boxes in the batch will yeild similar results

Seagates

Feb 7, 2009
scotto said:
For those that do, please pray for "Seagates" and "Ugotit22" instead of arguing with them.

One day, they will see the words they have typed and the words they have spoken again. I hope they have time to repent before they do.

But to get back on topic, I'd leave any boxes that somebody else ordered.

Please don't waste your time praying for me. I would rather you spend the time you would of spent praying for me doing something actually productive. :thumbsup:

Johny Hawx

Greenie
Mar 20, 2009
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505
Saying your praying for someone does give the impression of being holier than thou. If you are going to pray for someone just do it. Telling them will only get them mad.

Johny Hawx

Greenie
Mar 20, 2009
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505
90% of Christians give the rest a bad name. The question is are those Christians really Christians. Sadly the percentage is probably much higher. I say this as a Christian. I apoligize for all those people who have turned you guys off to God.

ugotit22

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2007
The Dirty Shire
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, and Whites IDX Pro
Johny Hawx said:
90% of Christians give the rest a bad name. The question is are those Christians really Christians. Sadly the percentage is probably much higher. I say this as a Christian. I apoligize for all those people who have turned you guys off to God.

i aswell am a christian and like i said before i agree with hawk
just moronic people preaching to preach to feel more rightgous then they really are

OP
OP
phrostie

phrostie

Dec 3, 2008
Nap Town
yeah, i guess it's my 'most successful' thread because of the religious talk!

He only got a few silvers, not a boat load. I wanna say around 4 to 5 in the two boxes, so I'm glad I didn't waste my time!

Perhaps someday I'll reach the replies / view count on a better post about a possible find...only time will tell.

alabamadan

May 2, 2005
Dixie
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Johny Hawx said:
Saying your praying for someone does give the impression of being holier than thou. If you are going to pray for someone just do it. Telling them will only get them mad.

Sometimes people feel better knowing others care.

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
alabamadan said:
Johny Hawx said:

Sometimes people feel better knowing others care.

Yes, if somebody said they were praying for you to get better if you are sick, or if you are looking for a job, etc. That is good.

In the context from this post it is more "I am praying for your soul you evil, sinning heathen" (paraphrased). Much different and completely holier than thou.

My 2 cents.

Jim

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread