DFX & SE

Attachments

• mon. comm.jpg
    mon. comm.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 320
Upvote 0

Shake-N-Bake

Dec 5, 2007
Great finds... Now if I could get halves like that I wouldn't do so many pennies. :thumbsup:

Keep up the good work!

Jason

Yinzi50

Bronze Member
Sep 14, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats! Never find a commemorative. Not even clad commemorative. Do you edge-search or look at each coin?

alpha105

May 19, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do Bi-Centennials count as commeratives?? :icon_jokercolor:

HolyDiver

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2008
PA
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I haven't seen that Monroe Doctrine Commemorative yet, WTG. :thumbsup:

Seagates

Feb 7, 2009
Nice haul! From Browsing ebay a bit those 1923 Monroe Doctrine in decent shape coins go for 30-60 bucks!

thurmownator

Bronze Member
Dec 25, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
Nicely done there Tim ! You're doing much better "than the average bear". 8)

Mentone Grizz

Jul 27, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro
TXTim;
I found one of the Monroe Doctrine commemoratives last month.....very cool coin!! Here is my post from then:

Mentone Grizz said:
I found this interesting 1923 S Monroe Doctrine Centennial Coin in a box today! 90% silver in composition, the coin was controversial when it came out because of the sinuously-posed female figures holding a tree branch between them on the reverse, representing the continents of North and South Americas. Only 274,000 were minted.
- Grizz

OP
OP
TxTim

TxTim

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2007
Texas
Detector(s) used
DFX & SE
Shake-N-Bake said:
Great finds... Now if I could get halves like that I wouldn't do so many pennies. :thumbsup:

Keep up the good work!

Jason

Thanks! I do about 3K a week on halves.

Ju8vP3t said:
Way to go TT....so far I've only ever found one Commemorative that was Ag, a 1954 Washington/Carver Half..... :thumbsup:

Thanks - They are getting tougher to find.

Yinzi50 said:
Congrats! Never find a commemorative. Not even clad commemorative. Do you edge-search or look at each coin?

Always face search halves - pretty easy and well worth the time - also "sound" search!

enamel7 said:
Good job as always Tim. :thumbsup:

Thanks enamel!

alpha105 said:
Do Bi-Centennials count as commeratives?? :icon_jokercolor:

No - that Bi in the pic is a 40%'r. The commem's, 87 & 40 Bi made for a lot of interesting keepers.

Seagates said:
Nice haul! From Browsing ebay a bit those 1923 Monroe Doctrine in decent shape coins go for 30-60 bucks!

Thanks - can't beat that for $.50!!!

Rich Hartford said:
Congrats on a good score :thumbsup:

Thanks Rich!

thurmownator said:
Nicely done there Tim ! You're doing much better "than the average bear". 8)

Thanks Thurm!

Mentone Grizz said:
TXTim;
I found one of the Monroe Doctrine commemoratives last month.....very cool coin!! Here is my post from then:

Mentone Grizz said:
I found this interesting 1923 S Monroe Doctrine Centennial Coin in a box today! 90% silver in composition, the coin was controversial when it came out because of the sinuously-posed female figures holding a tree branch between them on the reverse, representing the continents of North and South Americas. Only 274,000 were minted.
- Grizz

Thanks Griz - I remember that. It's the first thing I thought of when looking at the reverse!
2 in 2 months! What are the odds?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions