Funny Experience Today...

mysterio

Apr 12, 2006
Hello all...almost had a coronary...I was out for work and stopped by a little bank that I have "hit" before with no results. I pull up to the drive window and say "any halves" and the teller says "how much do you want"...and I say "how much do you have?"...she goes "$1K"...and my jaw drops...I figure it must be dumps...so I offer to buy $150 worth to check them out...

She comes back and says "we only have $100"...so I bought them...all hand rolls...all identical wrappers...I open the first roll and look at the end...a 1964 Kenny is staring at me. My pulse starts to race...visions of a hoard....I mean, the first one I see is a 90% and the rolls are all the same...they all have to be silver, right? I begin to look at the others...drum roll, please...

That was the ONLY one in the lot with the rest being clad...I was half laughing and half crying...no matter what, it was good for the thrill. I'll take my one with a smile. :)

Upvote 0

obediah

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2009
Clarksville TN.
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Pro
Hay once got a Brinks Box and first roll I opened had 11 silver in it, yeah there was more in the Box but what a let down- only found 17 more in rest of Box for a total of 28. Don't get me wrong am not complaining, it's just that my heart was racing on that first roll.

coinmojo

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2008
Michigan
Recently opened a brinks box and a walking liberty was showing on the end of 1 of the rolls and I thought there would be more .....But alas she was all alone.

Mojo

Seagates

Feb 7, 2009
I can only imagine the excitement, I still remember my nice box, I was so excited after every roll I'd report to my girlfriend how many I found in each roll (she seemed to get annoyed by that fairly fast if I recall correctly). After I was done I reported to her my total for the box and her response was "Hope it was fun because you will never have another box like that again" So far she has been sadly correct :/ I will continue to try and prove her wrong though!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread