Time for a shave

Silver Stripe

Bronze Member
Jul 8, 2007
USA
Now I don't know if it was because I missed last Sundays shave or because I saw the pic of the Barber magnet, but I got ME one tonight. Second one of the year, 3rd total. 1907S, not in the best shape or color but made up for only getting (5)40%ers with it out of 4 boxes. So if you want a Barber, either quit shavin or check out the no haircut for 3 month thread. Here's a couple pics, HH all, Mark
Barber2005.jpg

Barber2008.jpg

Upvote 0

obediah

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2009
Clarksville TN.
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Pro
OS far no Barber for me in my 3 mos. CRH'ing; so far most odd- even oldest coin(s) have found were 2 Brittish One Penny's 1910 & 17 .

Bjorn_MD

Nov 19, 2003
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT
SWEET -- Cool box! What a surprise I bet. After nothing but 40%'ers, and then BAM!

Nice picture too. I hope the trend continues.

Scalper

Bronze Member
Jul 18, 2006
Curitiba, Brazil
Awesome find Mark, that is a beautiful coin congrats .... lol have quite a beard but I have checked out the Barber magnet numerous times so I guess will just have to wait now :wink:, Ed

maine_Jim

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2008
Detector(s) used
Ace 350
Nice to see that. I haven't had a shave in over a year of searching. Did get 2 Walkers and a Ben and a 64 in one roll from a box yesterday. That was a nice roll - pulled 13 total out of the box. Strange thing was there was hand writing on the inside of the box. It said $80 and someone's initials. The box had all the silver on the bottom rows as it was a brink's style box.

Maine_Jim

OP
OP
Silver Stripe

Silver Stripe

Bronze Member
Jul 8, 2007
USA
maine_Jim said:
Nice to see that. I haven't had a shave in over a year of searching. Did get 2 Walkers and a Ben and a 64 in one roll from a box yesterday. That was a nice roll - pulled 13 total out of the box. Strange thing was there was hand writing on the inside of the box. It said $80 and someone's initials. The box had all the silver on the bottom rows as it was a brink's style box.

Maine_Jim
Sounds like there were 8 special rolls on the top row that got comandeered. Were any rolls showing silver on the ends? Bet not or they would have been gone too. Glad you got some and 90% to boot. HH Mark

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 2, minelab sovereign xs 2a pro
Silver Stripe, It is always fun to find something out of the norm and a barber is a nice addition to the collection.

Golden Silver

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions