New to CRH, What is the best way to sell your coins?

DAS7NY

Jun 6, 2008
Hey! Welcome to the addiction! Well, you never really sell to a coin dealer or pawn shop. They will always give you a low price (Usually even less than melt value, because, of course they need to make SOME money). The best place to sell is Ebay commonly referred to as "feebay." There other collectors will buy them for at least silver and sometimes you will even make a premium. Be sure to charge a reasonable shipping price, that is more than the cost you pay, because it compensates for the listing fee, and the percentage ebay takes. Happy Hunting! ;D :thumbsup: :coffee2: :icon_study: :D :icon_jokercolor: :icon_king: :icon_sunny:

gtlfindings

Jan 11, 2007
ny
Detector(s) used
TESORO DeLeon
JJTheisen said:
Just curious as to the best way to seel your coins? Or is it a better idea to hold them for now and sell them later? Do I go to a coin store or a pawn shop? Thanks for the patient answers guys, they are much appreciated.

JJ
Hey JJ if you want to sell your coins the best place would be right here on TNET..The sales here work on the honor system.I've bought alot of stuff from people here and haven't had one bit of problem or disappointment.You should browse the classifieds here and see all the successful transactions performed!!
Gerald

obediah

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2009
Clarksville TN.
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Pro
Hay you need to casually find avenues now , B4 you need them; all I've ever done is buy & acquire but have a couple of potential sources to sell (you need to keep several potential buyers on your list), my best one is believe it or not a Jewelry Store. The owner is only one who is allowed to do any buying or selling of Bullion but he has a policy on bullion (numismatics are not same, and I do NOT deal in numismatics), which is Spot Bid & Ask and he takes a %3 commission which in my mind beats feebay considering I do NOT have to do any advertising mailing & waiting not to omit the fees. And other things I do not need to mention, right.

OP
OP
JJTheisen

JJTheisen

Apr 19, 2009
USAF
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace 250
I sure appreaciate all of the replies guys! I work at a bank full-time and figure why not! I also metal detect a lot now, and so it is cool to have a hobby for my off days! I can by halves here all I want, as well as dimes and what not when I am slow at work. I work at a local bank that is not large enough to make a big deal out of it. I will have a few boxes of halves coming in next week, and i guess we will go from there! Today we dumped a bag not even 25% full from our change maching and we found about 15 40%'ers and 5 90%'ers, it was fun to say the least.

Thanks guys!

JJ

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
JJTheisen said:
I sure appreaciate all of the replies guys! I work at a bank full-time and figure why not! I also metal detect a lot now, and so it is cool to have a hobby for my off days! I can by halves here all I want, as well as dimes and what not when I am slow at work. I work at a local bank that is not large enough to make a big deal out of it. I will have a few boxes of halves coming in next week, and i guess we will go from there! Today we dumped a bag not even 25% full from our change maching and we found about 15 40%'ers and 5 90%'ers, it was fun to say the least.

Thanks guys!

JJ
Dang! I got there too late!

Ju8vP3t

JJTheisen said:

Thanks guys!

JJ

Can you buy back what you find?

47thelement

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2009
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excal, ACE 250 for my son
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Trust me be patient and buyer from t-net will contact you.

LemonThrower

Jun 23, 2008
I will buy 90% for spot, 40% for a little under spot, and wheats for 4 cents. send me a pm if interested. you can determine spot prices at coinflation.com.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions