A new Half Dollar Find for me... 2003 First in Flight Commemorative Half Dollar

Bank Runner

Jan 10, 2009
I know that many of you who live in areas where coin counting machines are the norm, find a significant amount of commemorative halves, but for me (someone who still lives in the land of customer rolls), they are few and far between. This find was actually my first commemorative a 2003 First in Flight Commemorative Half Dollar. It was in a Brinks box with 5 40% halves. Brinks boxes normally do not produce very well in my area, so this really surprised me. I have seen many people post the Statue of Liberty Commemorative Half Dollars, but not many of these. I thought it was a neat find.

HH,

Karl

Attachments

• New Camera 077a.jpg
    New Camera 077a.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 338
  • New Camera 079a.jpg
    New Camera 079a.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 343
Upvote 0

coinmojo

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2008
Michigan
obediah said:
Yeah, but are they worth anything beyond being neat finds?

Yea i'll take one. I have never seen one posted here.

They are worth something. Especially if your finding a whole lot of nothing. Great score

Mojo

OP
OP
Bank Runner

Bank Runner

Jan 10, 2009
obediah said:
Yeah, but are they worth anything beyond being neat finds?

I agree with Mojo. Obediah every find can not be weighed against its melt value. Real CRHers are in it for the thrill of the hunt. Why do you think Shake-N-Bake does tens of thousands of pennies? No bullion value there, but his Flying Eagle Cent finds were unbelievable. My oldest / neatest find this year was a 1900 "V" Liberty Head nickel. Not very valuable, but the probability of finding one in circulation is extremely small. The same holds true for the Barber coins. Everyone gets really excited about them because of their rarity in circulation, not just their melt value.

With all that said, I never get tired of finding silver...

But to answer your question Redbook value in PF-67 (which my coin is obviously not in is $21).

HH,
Karl

Scalper

Bronze Member
Jul 18, 2006
Curitiba, Brazil
Great find Karl , I think that is a cool looking commerative. I like finding those commerative but like u said they have to come from boxes without machines. I have found 3 of the other Statue of Liberty this year 2 in one box and a couple last year , but I havent found one like yours , kudos Ed

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 2, minelab sovereign xs 2a pro
Hey Karl, I like it man. I have never seen one posted so you may be a first for this find. I did not even know they existed.

Golden Silver

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread