How do I ship bank boxes of coins?

coinfinder

Aug 15, 2008
While looking for half dollars a I came across a box of "D" Puerto Rico quarters and 2009 Lincoln Pennies. The pennies have Lincoln sitting on the reverse. Is it worth putting these on eBay? If so, what is the best way to ship these? I can't imagine how much it will cost.

What have other people done? I am either selling these, or "releasing them to the wild".

Thanks.

Upvote 0

Goes4ever

Silver Member
Jan 30, 2008
NorthWest Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Equinox 600, and Tesorso compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
flat rate shipping boxes from post office, cheapest way

obediah

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2009
Clarksville TN.
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Pro
Depends how many one orders; a few tape them to a piece flt cardboard in rolls just use small box stuffed with yesterdays newspaper to take up space, man the sky is the limit on how- i'd just do it cheaply.

coinmojo

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2008
Michigan
You definetly want to sell.......... Or ship them to me I will pay all the costs.

You have a hot ticket in your hands right now. Congratulations.

If u r near Mi. I can come and get them.

In my area to ship an entire box of pennies, inside a a Flat rate box, with insurance up to $199.99, and tracking cost $13.80 to ship via USPS.
The boxes are free at the post office. And you can ship anything that fits in that box @ a cost of $10.35 + ins and tracking.

The smaller Flat rate box is $4.95 But you can only ship something the size of a VHS tape. so if you were to sell smaller amounts say 5 ,10 or 15 rolls at a time you could use the smaller box.

Hope this helps.

What area of the country did you get those coins?

Mojo

OP
OP
C

coinfinder

Aug 15, 2008
Mojo,

I got the coins in Dallas. The bank box for the quarters actually has a stamp on it that says "Puerto Rico". I was hoping to sell the whole box of each. Would it be better to break them up into batches of ten?

FYI I am originally from Michigan! Are these coins hard to find?

coinmojo

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2008
Michigan
coinfinder said:
Mojo,

I got the coins in Dallas. The bank box for the quarters actually has a stamp on it that says "Puerto Rico". I was hoping to sell the whole box of each. Would it be better to break them up into batches of ten?

FYI I am originally from Michigan! Are these coins hard to find?

I have yet to find thr PR Quarters but I did manage to catch some boxes of the log cabin pennies. Sold them all on ebay while the getting is good.

I got the denver mints around here but the Phi mint demanded better returns on eBay. A box of log cabins is getting up to $150 for D and $200 for P mint today. 5 weeks ago they were getting $400 a box so I'd say sell the entire box now and go out and find as many as you can now while the getting is good.

Mojo

Rorschach

Greenie
May 24, 2009
Wisconsin
Why does it seem like down states recieve the new coins before we (wisconsin) does? Heck I'd love to buy a box of 2009 without the BS of a high price tag.

Cherryman68

Feb 19, 2009
Henderson Tx
Detector(s) used
Whites IV
Sell with free shipping (better results) and put in a flat rate box. What I do is put a 1in think piece of Styrofoam in the bottom wrap the box of coins in bubble wrap (once around will do it) and put in the USPS Flat rate box (make sure it says flat rate the regular shipping box looks similar and costs more) and stuff with Styrofoam so there is no movement in the box. i have not had any problems shipping this way.

Congrats! I'm glad to hear the "formative years" are in Texas already! hopefully they will move east and I can snag some.

Cherryman68

Feb 19, 2009
Henderson Tx
Detector(s) used
Whites IV
Sorry forgot to add that the Post office lady told me you can ship it from the USPS web site for a small discount and delivery conformation is free!

If selling on eBay or anywhere for that matter Delevery conformation is a MUST! protect your self and your sale! It's not optional DO IT!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread