Finds Today and for the month

ScoobaSteve

Nov 28, 2008
USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTX500
Been a while since I have actually posted my finds but that would be because I haven't found much at all.

Today: 2 Rosies in a hand roll 64 & 46
Asked teller for halves, she said nope. I said, "do you guys have any older coins, my son collects them?"
BTW, I'm holding my son who happens to be 4 years old. I taught him how to act big eyed and say how much he likes coins. So the teller goes on to say, " We don't get very many of these" and she pulls out 2 Morgan Dollars 1880 and a 1904. She said that he could have 'em for 2 dollars. His eyes, along with mine lit up as she handed him the coins and I handed her the 2 bucks. That made my day because earlier that morning I searched a box of halves which turned out to be a skunk.

Also searched my silver dimes and found that 6 of them were barbers and I didn't even know it.

BTW if you weighed a roll of halves and then weighed a roll of halves with a silver half in it, could you notice the difference without opening the wrapper? Just a thought.

Upvote 0

Yinzi50

Bronze Member
Sep 14, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ScoobaSteve said:
BTW if you weighed a roll of halves and then weighed a roll of halves with a silver half in it, could you notice the difference without opening the wrapper? Just a thought.

Yes, if the silver is a 90%. Not reliable if the silver is a 40%.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread