With a little help from my friends...I need some help

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 2, minelab sovereign xs 2a pro
Finally I was able to get a hold of a sealed box of the new Guam quarters. I want to post them on Ebay but don't know how much to start the bidding at. Do I put a reserve price on it. How much do I charge for shipping and insurance? And lastly who do I send it with USPS or UPS? Treasurefiend was it you that sold a whole bunch of boxes a while ago...I could really use your help here guys. Thanks.

Golden Silver

I will let you know how much I make on the deal

Upvote 0

47thelement

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2009
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excal, ACE 250 for my son
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
GOOD LUCK!!! Go make some coin!

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
Don't bother with a reserve. Don't worry, you won't get stuck selling a box for $.99. Also, offer free shipping. Stuff the Qtrs in a flat-rate box (USPS). It won't cost you much and might get others to bid more as they are getting "free" shipping. Offer insurance at the buyers discretion.

jrf30

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
CO, AZ
Detector(s) used
dfx, Ryedale!
It's a box of $100 right? Tell you what. Put them up at $0.99. That will reduce your listing cost. Then, let me know the item number. I'll og place a bid at $110. That will ASSURE you that you'll cover your cost.

And will assure me I shall NOT be the buyer. Because it will go for MUCH more than that. really - it will. But it will give you ease of mind knowing that you won't get screwed for less than box price. And I"m confident enough to know I won't be close to the winner. And if I won, I'd let you cancel the sale and do what you want. No risk, no worry. :-) Let me know if you want me ot do that.

I think you'll make a killing on them. So far I have found NONE. I only need THREE, so your finding a full BOX of them is awesome - at least to me. :-) COngrats on the find. Now go sell them and make some money ....

joad

Apr 15, 2009
East Coast
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
jrf30 said:
It's a box of $100 right? Tell you what. Put them up at $0.99. That will reduce your listing cost. Then, let me know the item number. I'll og place a bid at $110. That will ASSURE you that you'll cover your cost.

And will assure me I shall NOT be the buyer. Because it will go for MUCH more than that. really - it will. But it will give you ease of mind knowing that you won't get screwed for less than box price. And I"m confident enough to know I won't be close to the winner. And if I won, I'd let you cancel the sale and do what you want. No risk, no worry. :-) Let me know if you want me ot do that.

I think you'll make a killing on them. So far I have found NONE. I only need THREE, so your finding a full BOX of them is awesome - at least to me. :-) COngrats on the find. Now go sell them and make some money ....

What you have described here is totally against the law.

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
golden silver said:
Thanks guys. And it is a 500 dollar box.

Golden Silver

Of course, it is. I'm not aware of any service that supplies 10 roll boxes. Don't worry about the auction not reaching the market price. It will. Just don't be foolish like ending the auction at 3 am or some such thing. Keep your costs down with a $.99 listing. Free shipping will encourage bidders. Flat rate boxes keeps your shipping minimal.

coinmojo

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2008
Michigan
The insertion fee for and item that starts at $500 is $4.00 so is it worth $4.00 to insure your peace of mind?

I do however believe that you will no doubt be bid up above $500 so I guess you could start at $0.99

To ship a box of Quarters should be able to fit in the small flat rate box at the post office for $10.35 (tracking is a must) = $0.70

insurance on $500 is around $7.70 so 1k should run around (and I'm guessing) $14.00

As an example I recently shipped a box of penny's for $13.80 with up to $199.00 ins. and tracking.
$10.35 small flat rate box (whatever fits in that box same rate) a box of quarters should fit. Boxes are free at the USPS
$0.70 tracking
$2.75 insurance on $199.00

Total = $13.80

Mojo

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread