No luck on halves but did great on dollar coins

Jimmy@romega

Dec 4, 2008
rome, ga
Lately someone has been turning in rolled ike dollars at the CU I got 2 rolls 1 1/2 weeks ago. Today I ask is they had anymore dollar coins and she said yes we do they are the older ones. My first reaction was "ike dollar" she opened up the roll and out popped 3 morgans and she put them back into the roll. Roll 2 she opened up and out popped 2 peace dollars and she put them back in. I was 1 happy camper I thought for sure i hit a solid roll of morgans and peace dollars. I only had a 20 on me so I got 1 roll and came back 10 minutes later and got the other. To make a long story short in all 3 morgans 2 peace dollars and rest BU ike dollars with just a few xf or uncirculated. From what the tellar told me the lady who brought them in said it was her grandpa's collection. Yeah just wait until he find's out he is going to be pissed. I gave the tellar my # just in case the lady comes back in turns in more.

Here's a list:
1-1890
1-1890o
1-1889o(xf)
2-1922 peace dollar 1-f-vf 1-xf++

Attachments

• 0602090035.jpg
    0602090035.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 507
Upvote 0

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
PLEASE ask your tellers if they have any sisters or cousins they could send to my town. There is NO WAY those coins would make it past even the DIMMEST tellers here....but, congrats!

FFD

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 2, minelab sovereign xs 2a pro
I once found a roll of large dollars and thought I had hit money. Turned out to be all worn out Ike clad. No luck in silver dollars yet. Can't even find them in rejects of the coin counters because my banks machine won't take large dollars. Amaizing finds.

Golden Silver

DrDetector

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2007
Pittsburgh, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Spectrum XLT
Jimmy@romega said:
Lately someone has been turning in rolled ike dollars at the CU I got 2 rolls 1 1/2 weeks ago. I only had a 20 on me...

You hit up a bank with only a 20? Man you gotta bring da Paper! I can't believe you got so lucky. Nice dollars.

Emperor Findus Cladius

Bronze Member
Sep 2, 2004
TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision/V3 Spectra, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
golden silver said:
I once found a roll of large dollars and thought I had hit money. Turned out to be all worn out Ike clad. No luck in silver dollars yet. Can't even find them in rejects of the coin counters because my banks machine won't take large dollars. Amaizing finds.

Golden Silver

I actually found 4 Ikes in a coin counter at a Wells Fargo one time. They were still sitting in the bottom of the bowl where you dump the coins because they would not spin out of there. Apparently whoever dumped them did not bother to check afterwards. Their loss, my gain.

ugotit22

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2007
The Dirty Shire
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, and Whites IDX Pro
lol damn u rich
ive been picking up every damn ike in ct looking for a morgan or piece and all ive gotten are iks. i think ive goin through like 4 k in large dollars with no results
huge congrats im mad happy for ya. Cant wait to get a large silver dollar.

HolyDiver

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2008
PA
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Payign face value for morgans or peace dollars is always a steal! Congrats.

OP
OP
Jimmy@romega

Jimmy@romega

Dec 4, 2008
rome, ga
I'm not sure if this "grandpa" knows his coins are being cashed in or what the situation is. I hate to be in a situation to have a call for the credit union about a guy asking for his coins that was turned in by so and so. I should of waited a week or two until selling them off on ebay. The ikes on the other hand which I got 4 rolls of from the credit union alot of them are bu gem++ with toning. Just imagine a bronze clear mirror like look. Probably not really worth much they are hard to sell and selliing them on ebay is just bout out of the question. I done the math and I would lose money. For some reason ikes just doesn't sell good on ebay and if they do it ain't worth the trouble. Very little profit to be made from them. My guess is people dont realize or dont care about someone's collection. Most likely they need some cigarettes or beer money.

OP
OP
Jimmy@romega

Jimmy@romega

Dec 4, 2008
rome, ga
sold on feebay total sales: 77.39 without shipping charge. Im selling ike as an bonus coin along with 2009 lincoln penny roll (formative years). Seem to boost the final price up just enough to make a decent profit. There's no way I would benefit selling ikes and come out to the good on feebay. I notice feebay is getting bombarded with 2009 lincoln rolls (formative years). Got around 20 more rolls to sell w/ ikes so far averaging 8.00-10.00 total cost w/shipping.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread