Todays 4 boxes

JJTheisen

Apr 19, 2009
USAF
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace 250
So to my surprise, my lead teller at my other bank branch ordered me four boxes of halves instead of two to come in today! Here is the funny part, I got sent home sick so I went to go get them later and got the first two and looked through them. The return you might ask? One silly little 40% lol! So I asked myself if I should go back and get the other two, and my curiosity got the best of me. I went and traded the first two boxes worth of halves for the other 2 boxes. After what appeared to be a gloomy day in the game of CRHing, the 3rd box and 4th box produced the following:

22 - 40%
3- 90% (One of which was a 1939 s walking lady in fine condition!)

Fun Stuff! After searching a little over $4000 in halves now, here are my totals for a the last few weeks:

99- 40%
16- 90% (2 Bennys and 2 walking ladies, the one mentioned above and a 1942 s)

Hope everyone is having a blast this week! I only get to search a few boxes a week, but I sure enjoy it! Thanks for reading!

JJ :coffee2:

Upvote 0

coinmojo

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2008
Michigan
Uh JJ ???

Did I read that right. You took back boxes of searched coin to the bank you bought them from? :icon_scratch:

My bank would cut me off right away. >:(

Banks are not in the business to feed someones hobby. ::)

But good for you if they are all right with it. But I suspect they wont put up with it very long. :notworthy:

At least that has been my experience. :'(

Congratulations on Your score. :thumbsup:

Mojo :hello:

Oh wait .... I almost forgot .... You work there......... My bad. :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

OP
OP
JJTheisen

JJTheisen

Apr 19, 2009
USAF
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace 250
coinmojo said:
Uh JJ ???

Did I read that right. You took back boxes of searched coin to the bank you bought them from? :icon_scratch:

My bank would cut me off right away. >:(

Banks are not in the business to feed someones hobby. ::)

But good for you if they are all right with it. But I suspect they wont put up with it very long. :notworthy:

At least that has been my experience. :'(

Congratulations on Your score. :thumbsup:

Mojo :hello:

Oh wait .... I almost forgot .... You work there......... My bad. :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

Well long story short, both of my lead tellers(aka managers) order me boxes each week now when I ask them too. In return, when I fill up a bag in the change machine, I make sure and pull it for them and get it tied up to send back into fed. On top of that, one of their daughters is in the youth group I pastor, and that also definitely helps. I just make sure that all they have to do is order them and I do the rest of the work for them so there is no hassle for them. It works out wonderfully. I also have a car loan with a good friend of mine at a credit union down the road which is about to get setup with ordering from fed as well, and he told me that I could order from them starting in a couple of weeks. There is always the danger that the coins will get recycled, but fed recieves from a ton of banks, so I figure it is worth it. We get all dunbar stuff here too. I figure eventually I will get into looking through the dime bags as well when I get the time. As for now I will stick with halves, because that is all the time I have. By the time I order from my credit union, that will be about 6 boxes a week. I hope you guys have a ton of great finds this week and thanks for the reply mojo.

JJ :coffee2:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread