CWI date mystery

DAS7NY

Jun 6, 2008
A few weeks ago I picked up boxes dated October 31st 2010! Back from the future! SpOoKy huhh? Odd. They were skunks, go figure! HH :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

DrDetector

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2007
Pittsburgh, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Spectrum XLT
DAS7NY said:
A few weeks ago I picked up boxes dated October 31st 2010! Back from the future! SpOoKy huhh? Odd. They were skunks, go figure! HH :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

I've got some from the future as well! Crazy, eh?

cmhoose

May 2, 2006
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett
allen said:
reusing older boxes maybe ?

That's what I was thinking, or maybe it is just CWI messin' with us. The future date boxes are a little strange. :dontknow:

thurmownator

Bronze Member
Dec 25, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
I think it's time for them to be audited.

The stamp is supposed to be a measurable accounting of that particular individual inspecting a given box on that given date.

Between incorrectly stamped boxes and the number of rolls, we find when opening sealed boxes, being tampered with (previously opened and hastily re-rolled) warrants these companies are lacks in their quality control.

IMHO

coinmojo

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2008
Michigan
When I saw the log cabin penny box stamped with the 2007 date I assumed it to be human error setting the small hand held adjustable stamper.

Mojo

puckhead

Apr 28, 2007
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500
Are you sure that the 2007 wasn't a "weak strike" 2009.

Just a little coin collector humor there, rimshot please.

DrDetector

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2007
Pittsburgh, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Spectrum XLT
I assumed my future dated boxes were human error as well, since they were back in January 2008, but were dated January 2009. I figured someone over-rotated the dial to set the date and didn't pick up on it right away.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread