First Time Poster/Nickels

Blacksox21

Greenie
Mar 18, 2009
Hi all, first time poster long time reader. I thought today would be a good day for my first post because of the great luck I had with 5 rolls of nickels today. I'm working at a coin shop this summer that Ive been a long time customer at, today while working another employee mentioned that he has a complete set of jefferson nickels minus a 1991-d. Since I was stopping by the bank today after work, I thought Id pick up a few rolls of nickels to see if I could help him out. I ended up getting $10 worth, after the first three rolls I had nothing to show for it, not even a pre-60. I then dumped open the 4th roll, and there on top of the pile was a Buffalo Nickel, with a readbale date 1928-p, but still no 91-d. I then opened the 5th roll, I started searching through and then found a 1945-p war nickel, then on the 2nd to last coin in the roll I found what I was looking for all along, the elusive 91-d. I now believe in coin rull hunting karma. Prior to today ive searched about $350 in nickels and had found 4 war nickels, including a 43-d, and one no date buffalo nickel. It amazes me that after only $10 I doubled my buffalo nickel total, and added another war nickel to the collection, and I could help out a co-worker. Sorry no pictures right now, but im sure I will be posting again. Happy hunting everyone.

Upvote 0

FL Junkman

Feb 13, 2008
Florida
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70 and Silver U-Max
Welcome, Blacksox and congrats on your early finds. Nickels are fun to hunt as there are great possibilities that you will find something good. Stay at it and you will see what I mean. Good luck in the future and have fun!

FL. Junkman

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread