bag of 4000 quarters

riverguy

May 23, 2009
Well, as you may know I am new at this. My $500 in half dollars was a skunk. But I have the head tell calling me when she gets in a bag of 4,000 quarters from her customer who has a vending machine business. So on the first bag, I have done about 1,000 quarters. So far no silver.

probably about 40% state quarters and the rest washington and one spanish 50 cent piece and six bicentenial quarters.

I notice some guys on ebay sold 50 state quarters, one of each state for in two clear plastic tubes for $17.52 + $4.00 s/h. so he is making about $6 profit. Not too bad since the states are not hard to sort.

So I am saving the state quarters that look decent or better, the bicentennials and some of the double die dates so I can examine them for dd.

I can get 4,000 quarter bag every two weeks. So am I overlooking anything?

Oh, as mentioned in another post, she sold me 30 $5 uncirculated star notes in sequence. That was a nice find.

Upvote 0

HolyDiver

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2008
PA
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd say go for it with the quarters. As for the star notes, that's an awesome score having the serials all consecutive. :thumbsup:

Jimmy@romega

Dec 4, 2008
rome, ga
Also look for the wisconsin error leaf quarter and any state quarter that is off center. I notice off center state quarters go for 12-20 dollars on ebay.

silvershark

Feb 1, 2007
Illinois
Statistically, quarters are the worst to roll hunt simply because EVERYONE uses quarters. I have gone through about $2000 in quarters and only landed about 4 silver.

My advice, Keep at the halves. I have had days where i pulled $3000 and got torched but i have also had one box days where i landed over 150 silver. its just the luck of the draw.

"accuracy by volume"

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread