Fridays Haul.......

LJ

Silver Member
Dec 23, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Friday's Haul.......

Today's search yielded some very good results. It sure feels good to be back CRH'ing again. I was so excited with today's result I called FiddyCent and was giving him a "play-by-play" or "roll-by-roll" I should say. I think he was itching....lol. He has done really well this year so I have some catching up to do. I gave him the scoop on this batch so hopefully he can get his hands on some.

My first batch held silver in every roll except for 4. I'm telling you, I had a great time today!!

These coins produced alot of 90% and the blackest 90% that I can ever remember finding. The Walkers & Franklin's were the worst. I am not sure what that was about. Typical edge hunting you can tell when you have a Walker or Franklin but with this batch I could tell the Walker and Franklin's by the black edge....lol. My hands were filthy when I was done searching. Coins are so nasty!!!

There were 93 90% & exactly 100 40%. I like that ratio....alot!!

One of the 40%'ers had blue markings on it. I have never seen this CRH'ing mark in the past but if this is a CRH'ing marked coin they missed this one or didn't realize 1969's are 40%. Things that make you go hmmmmm.............

Anyway, the totals..........

64's - 45
65's - 7
66's - 16
67's - 38
68's - 27
69's - 12
Franklin's - 25
Walkers - 23

193 Total Keepers = 48.42717 oz of silver

Attachments

• Big Silver 008.jpg
    Big Silver 008.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 569
  • Big Silver 010.jpg
    Big Silver 010.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 572
  • Big Silver 012.jpg
    Big Silver 012.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 562
  • Big Silver 014.jpg
    Big Silver 014.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 568
  • Big Silver 018.jpg
    Big Silver 018.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 561
  • Big Silver 020.jpg
    Big Silver 020.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 557
Upvote 0

ugotit22

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2007
The Dirty Shire
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, and Whites IDX Pro
Re: Friday's Haul.......

lol
that didnt take long

and the funny thing is i have exactly 3 walkers in a yr and a half

thurmownator

Bronze Member
Dec 25, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other

You sure do re-join us in a BIG way there LJ !

Sure must feel good; getting back into it again.

Mucho kudos and continued good luck (like you really need it :wink:)

wharghoul

May 6, 2009
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD

50centman said:
L J,
Those are fire coins. The marked clad is probably from a few years ago when a 40% was only worth 55-60cents. I have found a few, but they are rare. Gosh this is fun. How fortunate we are to still be able to do this. Good luck to you!

I agree with fiddy, those are fire coins. I've found my fair share of Katrina coins over the last year and they are almost always covered with orange rust residue that bleeds over from the clad coins in the roll.

Nonetheless, Katrina rolls have been great to me. To date, my best finds come from those old rusty rolls.

Nice Going LJ. I am inspired, can't wait until Monday! (never thought I'd say that)

Immy

Silver Member
Mar 12, 2005
Vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Whoa, LJ showcasing her amazing haul...I'm having 2007 flashbacks! Nice haul there little lady. You never cease to make us drool. Welcome back!

Mentone Grizz

Jul 27, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro

LJ;
You have the silver touch, there can be no doubt!! So what if you leave fingerprints all over everything!! Great score!!
- Grizz

CP

Jun 20, 2009
Traverse City, MI

:icon_thumright:, nice job, that is one huge haul, can't wait for mine to start rolling in, i feel like its coming soon. This wednesday. It will come, again, awesome haul!!! :notworthy:

OP
OP
LJ

LJ

Silver Member
Dec 23, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Thanks all. Like I said it was pretty darn fun!!! As we all know, days like this doesn't happen very often.

I think June is going to boost the collective totals bigtime. There has been some BIG hauls this month. I can't wait to put the numbers together.

This may be a tease but someone had a find that was HUGE!!!!!!!! Makes mine look like child's play. I can't comment any further on it........I probably shouldn't have even mentioned it.......lol.

Anyway, thanks again. Good luck to all. Keep em coming...............

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread