Fridays Haul.......

LJ

Silver Member
Dec 23, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Friday's Haul.......

Today's search yielded some very good results. It sure feels good to be back CRH'ing again. I was so excited with today's result I called FiddyCent and was giving him a "play-by-play" or "roll-by-roll" I should say. I think he was itching....lol. He has done really well this year so I have some catching up to do. I gave him the scoop on this batch so hopefully he can get his hands on some.

My first batch held silver in every roll except for 4. I'm telling you, I had a great time today!!

These coins produced alot of 90% and the blackest 90% that I can ever remember finding. The Walkers & Franklin's were the worst. I am not sure what that was about. Typical edge hunting you can tell when you have a Walker or Franklin but with this batch I could tell the Walker and Franklin's by the black edge....lol. My hands were filthy when I was done searching. Coins are so nasty!!!

There were 93 90% & exactly 100 40%. I like that ratio....alot!!

One of the 40%'ers had blue markings on it. I have never seen this CRH'ing mark in the past but if this is a CRH'ing marked coin they missed this one or didn't realize 1969's are 40%. Things that make you go hmmmmm.............

Anyway, the totals..........

64's - 45
65's - 7
66's - 16
67's - 38
68's - 27
69's - 12
Franklin's - 25
Walkers - 23

193 Total Keepers = 48.42717 oz of silver

Attachments

• Big Silver 008.jpg
    Big Silver 008.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 569
  • Big Silver 010.jpg
    Big Silver 010.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 572
  • Big Silver 012.jpg
    Big Silver 012.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 562
  • Big Silver 014.jpg
    Big Silver 014.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 568
  • Big Silver 018.jpg
    Big Silver 018.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 561
  • Big Silver 020.jpg
    Big Silver 020.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 557
Upvote 0

OmegaMan

Dec 9, 2007
Re: Friday's Haul.......

I wish I knew how you do it. You have the gift.
I can only dream about days like yours.

Congratulations. :thumbsup:

Yinzi50

Bronze Member
Sep 14, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Nice haul! Those black coins are Katrina coins?

obediah

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2009
Clarksville TN.
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Pro

Wow that is a dream find, really! I've never had more than 8 %90 in my best box that had total of 264 Silver ones.

I Had some in a Box this week, Silver ones were black edged- thought they went thru a fire they were so black. Yours look like they were buried or stored for longtime in a wet- humid spot.

DAS7NY

Jun 6, 2008

That's awesome! Boxes keep piling up here! I do them but the stack keeps replenishing itself! Guess who'll be up all night? lol Anyways that's amazing finds! :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

coinmojo

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2008
Michigan

OMG

I know I said I coulden't wait to see pictures of the piles of silver on your table but C'mon.

Take it easy. You sure know how to make a Guy feel inadequite........ LOL

How much did you search to find that pile...... Details please. :notworthy:

Mojo

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 2, minelab sovereign xs 2a pro

Lj you have the touch. I think the tellers see you comin and just throw the silver at you. Man what a find. Looks like the silver was in a fire or burried in a moist area. Amaizing. I found 2- 90% and 23- 40%ers from my boxes and I was thrilled. you must have been extatic.

Golden Silver

maine_Jim

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2008
Detector(s) used
Ace 350

Nice haul LJ - I just finished up another four skunk boxes....may have to move down south to find anything else...I think I'd toss those coins in the ammonia for a couple minutes and they will look mighty nice! :icon_thumright:
Maine_Jim

Goes4ever

Silver Member
Jan 30, 2008
NorthWest Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Equinox 600, and Tesorso compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

how much did you search to get all of that! what a sweet score!

50centman

Feb 25, 2008

L J,
Those are fire coins. The marked clad is probably from a few years ago when a 40% was only worth 55-60cents. I have found a few, but they are rare. Gosh this is fun. How fortunate we are to still be able to do this. Good luck to you!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions