Anyone Else Deal with BOA ??

FL Junkman

Feb 13, 2008
Florida
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70 and Silver U-Max
I must be snake bit. Last week I went into my ususal supply bank to pick up the two bags I order each week and they dropped the fee word on me. I told them that if they started charging a fee, I would just have to change the account to another bank. In the meantime, I went to another bank that I opened an account at about two months ago. This was BOA. When I opened the account I explained to the CSR what my hobby was and asked if ordering halves through their bank would be a problem. I was told that this would not be a problem. So I went in last week and ordered two bags which came in today. Upon picking them up today, I was asked if I wanted two bags every week and replied yes. Then I was told that there would be a fee if they continued ordering halves for me.

Also in the meantime, my usual supply bank, mentioned above, notified me that they would waive the fees for me, at least for a while.

My dealings with BOA have been kind of like dealing with a used car salesman, being promised the moon and delivering nothing. In any event, if they don't want to be a supply bank, then I have another dump bank!!

Has anybody else who orders through BOA heard anything about fees? HH

FL Junkman

Upvote 0

STDevil

Jun 12, 2008
Never had a problem with B of A. In fact, they are always between Cordial and Fabulous whenever I go in. They may charge fees one day, and that will probably be the day I retire from CRH. It's their business. I won't hold it against them. I have pulled many a silver from a B of A box, tray, or roll.

Even of a teller gets grumpy with me, I do not hold it against them. I and other CRHers were probably not part of their business plan.

Happy hunting.

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 2, minelab sovereign xs 2a pro
I ordered for about 6 months with them and NO FEES but the boxes ran dry so I switched to a different supply.

Golden Silver

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
I've used BOA to order halves and dimes, (tons of dimes), and no fees, although I haven't placed an order in months, pulled six Barbers from them last fall. Just went in and depo'd $5 to keep acct active for this winter. ffd

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
With so many BoA branches, they are the perfect dump bank. You can always find a branch on a road trip. They tried dropping the fee on me for deposits. I explained that my accounts would have to find a bank that would appreciate my business. He was unfazed. He then looked up my accounts and saw my 6 figures. Needless to say, he capitulated. In addition, I got a district manager to supersede his decisions on my accounts. He now eats my $12 grand a week in dumps. I used to spread them around to be nice, but he pushed the wrong buttons. He has asked me recently to not deposit so much as they are having a difficult time to store them until Brinks picks them up. I think I might increase my supply just to dump on him.

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Diver_Down said:
He has asked me recently to not deposit so much as they are having a difficult time to store them until Brinks picks them up.
Seen that before, a small Wells Fargo branch refused to take any more coin from me. The vault teller told me I filled the vault and no more room. :o I believe it. ;D

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
cyberdan said:
Diver_Down said:
He has asked me recently to not deposit so much as they are having a difficult time to store them until Brinks picks them up.
Seen that before, a small Wells Fargo branch refused to take any more coin from me. The vault teller told me I filled the vault and no more room. :o I believe it. ;D

Many people have the misconception of a vault being a massive room with a 2' thick round door. When in reality, the safety deposit boxes are kept in such a place with the visual effect of the door to create the perceived security illusion. Most of the cash/coin handling and storage is in a small utility room with a safe. Typically, they are unassuming rooms. Out of sight and out of mind.

STDevil

Jun 12, 2008
Not to be a butt or anything, but we should also remember that banks do not exist to support this crazy nut-job of a hobby. We've stumbled onto the proverbial "free lunch" (or silver spoon..), and with that comes the possibility of someone throwing a perceived monkey wrench into the works.

Enjoy it while it lasts. I figure that the silver vein will be worked dry when this recession ends, and I will call it quits unless the banks (most of which treat me wonderfully) "fee" me out of the hobby before then.

Happy hunting!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread