So this guy brings me in some change at the bank...

JJTheisen

Apr 19, 2009
USAF
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace 250
So I have this guy that comes in every day at my bank with the same type of deposit, a bunch of change, some cash and some checks. Every once in a while I will find a keeper in his change, but today was completely weird. He brought it an Ike dollar(1972) and some halves, and a few susan b anthonys. So I did not think much of it after I looked at the ike and halves and there were no good dates. I had brought my 2010 red book to work just to get more aquainted with key dates and errors. I go to the susan b anthonys and find that in 1979 there were narrow and wide rimmed coins. The wide rimmed coins were P minted and had a distinctly wider rim than the D or others. So I go to look at the two susans and sure enough, they were both 1979s and one was a wide-rimmed P($20 in redbook, so actually probably like 10 lol) and the other was a regular D. The rims were so blatantly different that I just laughed and told my friend what I had found. Hope you guys get to enjoy a moment like this soon! Thanks for reading! I would post a pic but I am still at work lol!

JJ :coffee2:

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread