Found my first railsplitters

jrf30

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
CO, AZ
Detector(s) used
dfx, Ryedale!
I know, I know. Some of you have found 10 BOXES of the LIncoln Railsplitter pennis already. And done wonderful reselling them. And I applaud you. Believe me, I wish I found what you found, not that you only find what I find. But, I finally found some railsplitters.

Not a box. NOt even a roll. just TWO. But, they are my first two, so regardless of who else has found what out there, these are two that i didn't have before and I do have now, so I"m exicted about it. Yea! .......

Changing topics, anyone back east want to exchange a few "P" coins for "D" 2009 coins when we find them? NOt that I have a lot of the "D" coins YET, but I hope eventually I will. If you can't get "D" in your area but find some "P" coins, we can swap and fill in both our needs. So far I have NONE of the 2009 nickels OR dimes, and only DC Quarters (A few), so we can't swap those yet, but we can work on it as we find things. :-) I DO have about 130 of the Log Cabin pennies. IN great condtion (but circulated, so not in the original sealed rolls of 50) Let me know if you want to swap some as we find 2009 coins.

Third topic - on the positive side, I also found another Franklin this week. My FIRST 1952S Franklin. That filled a spot. :-)

Upvote 0

Cherryman68

Feb 19, 2009
Henderson Tx
Detector(s) used
Whites IV
alabamadan said:
Are the railsplitters worth as much as the log cabin?

Log Cabins have held their value longer because of the limited amount that have been found in the wild. I would say there are already twice as many rail splitters out there now then log cabin.
I think in the end the log cabin will be the most valuable. more and more people will gain intrest as the other sets come out. The first being the first and being so dang hard to find should hold the most value over time.

That's just my 2 cents on these 2 cents....

quick-silver

Feb 26, 2009
NY
found my first railsplitter today as well, got it in change at the deli, odd where these things will turn up :dontknow:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread